Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dick Spring, AIB Director, former LP leader. Defending political pensions.

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Dick Spring, AIB Director, former LP leader. Defending political pensions.

AIB director defends

Dick Spring steps forward and defends his pensions and his salary as AIB Public interest Director.

My pension as a former deputy, which you will be entitled to in time, and as a former minister you will achieve a ministerial pension if you enter ministerial office, and I think you will be perfectly entitled to it.

There is another way of looking at this, I have turned down numerous invitations to take up other positions which would be equally, if not more lucrative, than working for Allied Irish Bank, I have turned them down.
    I wonder is he talking about companies like Eircom ?

Any comments ?
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    AIB director defends

Dick Spring steps forward and defends his pensions and his salary as AIB Public interest Director.

Any comments ?
    Yet another LP snout in the taxpayers' trough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't you love these guys. Always with the L'Oreal line - They're worth it, don't you know. Nothing shy of a revolution will get rid of this attitude - but we don't do barricades like they do in France, we prefer to take the next boat out of here. That's why nothing will ever change.
    History repeats itself. First as tragedy, second as farce.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I love the idea that these guys are public servants working for the greater good
    and could be snapped up at a moments notice if we dont pay them highly.

The public interest directors thing was a lenihan sop after the bank guarantee.
    It seves no purpose and should be stopped.

The fact that its their first time in front of a committee in 4 years would be
    comical if we werent paying for it.
    I believe that children are the future

Unless we stop them now.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

AIB director defends

Any comments ?
    there's even another way of looking at this; would he have still taken the td job if there wasnt a eur121000/year pension attached to it. probably he would, probably they all would. therefore we dont need to have special pension arrangements to encourage people to be tds, therefore they should pay into a contributory fund like everybody else and get benefits inline with their contributions

as for eur59k for 60 days work, 2k a day is reasonable for expert level consultancy work. the real question is what value did he create in those 60 days. if the value cant be quantified as superior to eur60k than having public interest directors is a waste of public money

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

AIB director defends

Any comments ?
    Proof if ever that Labour are just middle class elitists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

terrible stuff, and likes of Ray McSharry, Joe Walsh etc, all pigs at the tough. McSharry says there will be no relief for hard pressed borrowers. Shane Ross will be proud of him again

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What? No schoolboy nickname for Dick? Are you feeling alright? ;-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's amazing that they say their alway in demand, yet they love the cushy public highly pensioned work. Until they go around the supermarket with a trolley adding up the cost, dread a ESB/gas bill coming through the door, and hoping the kids shoes last another week or two, they will never know how most people are living, people who worked hard ,and been told belt tighten is needed to get the country back on its feet, politicans can not be absolved of blame, regulations , close contact and lobbying had a good hand in it. So take your pensions and shut the flup up!

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin Coir View Post

terrible stuff, and likes of Ray McSharry, Joe Walsh etc, all pigs at the tough. McSharry says there will be no relief for hard pressed borrowers. Shane Ross will be proud of him again
    The 2 on the right look suspiciously like greedsters Spring & Bruton.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast