Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet another Traveller Feud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Yet another Traveller Feud.

In Kerry in recent years as well as right across the country every town seems to have its very own Traveller feud. Tralee was the subject of a lot of attention for its Traveller feud in recent years. Killarney seemed to have escaped this madness until now. A group of settled Travellers have entered into a feud in the town.

Its seems wide spread threats violence and anti social behaviour is going on. On Saturday the normally quiet estate of Ballyspillane was the scene of disturbances and anti social behaviour. The resource centre in Ballyspillane does great work in the area and its a shame that this work is wrecked by these thugs. Will this be bad for tourism in Killarney? I would also like to know what groups like Pavee Point are doing about these feuds? The CAB/Social Welfare/Gardai should tackle the Travellers this cant be tolerated, the country is broke we cant afford this nonsense.

Gardai warn as traveller feud erupts | Kerry's Eye

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnny365 View Post
    In Kerry in recent years as well as right across the country every town seems to have its very own Traveller feud. Tralee was the subject of a lot of attention for its Traveller feud in recent years. Killarney seemed to have escaped this madness until now. A group of settled Travellers have entered into a feud in the town.

Its seems wide spread threats violence and anti social behaviour is going on. On Saturday the normally quiet estate of Ballyspillane was the scene of disturbances and anti social behaviour. The resource centre in Ballyspillane does great work in the area and its a shame that this work is wrecked by these thugs. Will this be bad for tourism Killarney? I would also like to know what groups like Pavee Point are doing about these feuds? The CAB/Social Welfare/Gardai should tackle the Travellers this cant be tolerated, the country is broke we cant afford this nonsense.

Gardai warn as traveller feud erupts | Kerry's Eye
    i was disgusted to read this. The residents of Ballyspillane have a great community spirit and were recently won a national pride of place award. its the total disregard for others that gets me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

michael quinn mcdonagh sends message to the collins part 1 of 3 - YouTube

here is a video made by one family. the main talkers wife was murdered the next night and he has been charged with her murder.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pavee Point says it's part of their culture. I say it endemic criminal behaviour.

Politics.ie Member NewGoldDream's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnny365 View Post
    Killarney seemed to have escaped this madness until now. A group of settled Travellers have entered into a feud in the town.
    I think the families of murder, rape and robbery victims in Killarney over the years would be surprised to know that it has only just become a violent town.

Not that I want to depict Killarney as lawless at all, it's a great town But let's not pretend it has a history of violence that started in recent weeks. But either way one hopes that the gardai clamp down on any violence in any community.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can the resident P.ie "yerra racist" brigade be long delayed ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SeanieFitz View Post
    i was disgusted to read this. The residents of Ballyspillane have a great community spirit and were recently won a national pride of place award. its the total disregard for others that gets me.
    I know alot of he people that work in Ballyspillane resource centre, I feel for them . Increased Garda presence in the area now and alot of residents in fear. Its shocking really, they contempt and arrogance of some elements of the Traveller community is breathtaking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NewGoldDream View Post
    I think the families of murder, rape and robbery victims in Killarney over the years would be surprised to know that it has only just become a violent town.

Not that I want to depict Killarney as lawless at all, it's a great town But let's not pretend it has a history of violence that started in recent weeks. But either way one hopes that the gardai clamp down on any violence in any community.
    Very true, however Killarney had escaped the Traveller feud madness. This had been confined to Tralee in recent years.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Levellers View Post
    Pavee Point says it's part of their culture.
    Could you back up this claim with evidence please?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When I saw the cover of Kerry's Eye this morning I said to my Mammy!
    I passed one of the foxy f**kers up the park, I dunno, must be a fortnight or so ago. They were around for a few days. I don't think I've seen them since: does that mean they're gone on holidays again for Christmas?
    Anyway, he was telling this girl how he told some guy he'd 'kick his f**king brains out his nose'.
    I thought his language had a vivid quality to it.
    After all, tomorrow is another day.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast