Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: March of a million

Politics.ie Member tipp revolution's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default March of a million

It's like this - I have a burning sense of injustice about how money is being spent in this country - I need to shout it out or go mad with frustration.

It is the opinion of my local('s) expert panel that Greece have got a much better deal because they shouted like f%$Łk.

Now that the representatives of European big money (Merkel et al) are coming to town, why don't we stand up for ourselves and shout like F$"&K outside the EU meetings in Dublin and send the message to the WORLD that the Irish citizen is more important to Ireland than any bank.

I want to live my life here, have my kids around me if they choose and I don't any of us to starve and need antidepressants to do it.

A march of a million (at least) for our collective spirit and self respect.
    "Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king"
    Diogenes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Reminiscent of Martin Luther King. Keep the unions away and you might get a ground swell of support.
    “Still paying, still to owe. Eternal woe! ” ― Paradise Lost, John Milton

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Count me in - all we need now are another 999, 998.
    But even if we make the magic million Enda & Eamon will swear to their EU "patrons" it's only a few hundred Shinners and anarchists out to damage Enda's chances of the 2012 Best Little Quisling award.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm up for this too. I couldn't agree more with you Tipp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My wife and I will join

If the unions keep their banners and megaphones away

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Howya View Post
    Reminiscent of Martin Luther King. Keep the unions away and you might get a ground swell of support.
    Sad to say the above may be the case, how could anyone march behind Union leaders that earn 100K+ and are complaining about austerity?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tipp revolution View Post
    It's like this - I have a burning sense of injustice about how money is being spent in this country - I need to shout it out or go mad with frustration.

It is the opinion of my local('s) expert panel that Greece have got a much better deal because they shouted like f%$Łk.

Now that the representatives of European big money (Merkel et al) are coming to town, why don't we stand up for ourselves and shout like F$"&K outside the EU meetings in Dublin and send the message to the WORLD that the Irish citizen is more important to Ireland than any bank.

I want to live my life here, have my kids around me if they choose and I don't any of us to starve and need antidepressants to do it.

They've got more assistance because they are in worse shape than us.

Its the equivilant of a man with a broken leg complaining bitterly that the hospital made a bigger fuss of the guy with cancer than him.

Greece also got, for instance, a much better deal on its debt, than, say, Holland.

Should Holland feel embittered about that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't see how you could keep the unions, Sinn Fein or anyone else away.

And to be fair, why should they be kept away? They're part of Irish society too and if you want a million people you need everyone you can get.

I am sure all kind of groups protested in Greece.

This "I'll go but only if unions/Shinners/anyone a bit common/anyone I don't like won't be there" is kind of the problem in the first place.

It's sort of like "well I'll go but only if it's a nice, respectable protest with people like me in it - and not next Tuesday because that's the day I'm washing me net curtains" attitude is precisely why Ireland is being screwed over!
    Brexit? Never heard of it mate...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tipp revolution View Post

Greece hasn't got a better deal. Greece is far far worse off then us. You know all the scandal about the cut in the respite care, yeah Greece doesn't have a carers allowance full stop.
    "Give us the future, we've had enough of YOUR past, Give us back our country, to live in, to grow in and to love..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blokesbloke View Post
    I don't see how you could keep the unions, Sinn Fein or anyone else away.

And to be fair, why should they be kept away? They're part of Irish society too and if you want a million people you need everyone you can get.

I am sure all kind of groups protested in Greece.

This "I'll go but only if unions/Shinners/anyone a bit common/anyone I don't like won't be there" is kind of the problem in the first place.

It's sort of like "well I'll go but only if it's a nice, respectable protest with people like me in it - and not next Tuesday because that's the day I'm washing me net curtains" attitude is precisely why Ireland is being screwed over!
    I didn't say they should stay away

Just not fly their banners or shout their slogans as if they represent everyone in attendance... I won't be represented by them; even if only accidentally or by reasons of proximity.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast