Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Closing the Gender Gap: Sexist Propaganda?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Closing the Gender Gap: Sexist Propaganda?

Motherhood hits Irish women's pay harder than anywhere else in Europe - The Irish Times - Tue, Dec 18, 2012

Women pay a high price for motherhood and nowhere more so than in Ireland, according to a report from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).

The arrival of children has a more drastic impact on the earning abilities of Irish women than anywhere else in Europe, Closing the Gender Gap: Act Now finds.

Younger Irish women workers outearn their male counterparts, and by a far greater margin than anywhere else in the OECD. But the pay gap is quickly reversed in favour of men once children are involved.

From earning 17 per cent more than men when they have no children, Irish women aged 25-44 go to taking home 14 per cent less in their pay packet when they have children, the report finds.

Researchers say Irish women start their careers earning well because they are generally better qualified than men. But once they give birth, they are far more likely than women in other countries to withdraw from the workforce .
    As a man i am very worried about the slanted interpretation from this study. These reports feed into legislation and cultural mindset and are culminating in a anti male bias in employment law and opportunity.

Firstly i find it offensive that women are found to be more educated /better qualified than men. Why is this? Is it a biological constraint of males or is the education system slanted towards girls rather than boys?
    is the gender gap in the teaching / educational science profession causing a bias towards the education of girls over boys?

Secondly, Are young Irish women really 17% better qualified than Irish Men - if not then why do they earn so much more at this stage?

Thirdly, Are women who return to work after a certain amount of time having and raising children, able to demonstrate the same relevant experience that their male counterparts have racked up in their absence.

Fourtly, are we all stupid? The only reason we have both sexes competing across the board for jobs is so that we can have two incomes to pay higher mortgages.
    ANGER IS A POLICY, GET OFF YOUR KNEES

Politics.ie Member southwestkerry's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I blame the feminists and their 'hit the boys' campaign. Mind you I think some women out their might be embarrassed when ever they come across statements like that yet what can they do.
    SwK
    PS yip I had the misfortune at having an acquaintance who was a pow pow feminist and still I have not got over the meeting[s]
    A ship at harbour is safe but that is not what ships were built for.

Dylan2010

anicdotal but if you want to give fresh faced social worker a near heart attack, present them with a stay at home mom, you can almost see the cogs in their brain trying to make sense of the situation.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by southwestkerry View Post
    I blame the feminists and their 'hit the boys' campaign. Mind you I think some women out their might be embarrassed when ever they come across statements like that yet what can they do.
    SwK
    PS yip I had the misfortune at having an acquaintance who was a pow pow feminist and still I have not got over the meeting[s]
    I don't blame feminism - that is grand - what i blame is a self destructive, anti-human liberallity.
    Men trying to appear resonable by bending over backwards to screw there fellow man.

Women's quota's in the Dail - so more Harney's, Coughlan's, Creightons, O'Rourkes.

Puh-lease - nothing is more equal than a democratically elected process, where the constituents are roughly 50/50 male / female.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are cuts in Ireland so bad that this thread has had to step in to provide care in the community to some of our more vulnerable citizens?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NeilW View Post
    Are cuts in Ireland so bad that this thread has had to step in to provide care in the community to some of our more vulnerable citizens?
    The what now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shouldn't they interpret men's inferior educational attainment as evidence of oppression against men?
    The facts and nothing but the facts.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Druidess View Post
    Shouldn't they interpret men's inferior educational attainment as evidence of oppression against men?
    No that is the superiority of girls/women. Get with the program

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Asparagus View Post
    I don't blame feminism - that is grand - what i blame is a self destructive, anti-human liberallity.
    Men trying to appear resonable by bending over backwards to screw there fellow man.

Women's quota's in the Dail - so more Harney's, Coughlan's, Creightons, O'Rourkes.

Puh-lease - nothing is more equal than a democratically elected process, where the constituents are roughly 50/50 male / female.
    Women have the edge on spelling and punctuation which gives them a competitive advantage.

simeongrimes

Fourtly, are we all stupid? The only reason we have both sexes competing across the board for jobs is so that we can have two incomes to pay higher mortgages.
    Yes we were taken for a ride there but it's not feminism's fault. Nobody can give you a mortgage you don't want. Marriage and long term commitments are a terrible idea in the current situation. Your job can go to China tomorrow but you are stuck with a wife and kids looking to be kept in the comfort to which they are accustomed plus a bank who want your blood.

Modern life is akin to slavery but there are no guards or gates. The prison is of our own making.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast