Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Unionists Call For Inquiry Into State Collusion

Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Unionists Call For Inquiry Into State Collusion

“I had hoped that we could turn to the future, but those in Sinn Fein who want to rewrite history are intent in stirring things up and sadly are being allowed to do so,” Lord Empey told the News Letter.

“It really is quite intolerable that we continue to face this one-sided demand for inquiries when there is obvious culpability in Dublin for action they took and actions taken by what was a ‘government within a government’ in the late 1960s and early 70s.”
    DUP MP Nigel Dodds said: “It is high time the Government started to press the Irish government about an inquiry into the role of Dublin in the creation and funding of the Provos and the deaths that resulted from the Republic’s refusal to allow proper extradition of terrorists to Northern Ireland for decades.”
    Reg Empey hits out at Finucane inquiry calls - Latest - Belfast Newsletter

I am sure this proposal will meet with cross community support, (especially on p.ie) after all the state must be above suspicion and uphold the lawful and moral rules of a civilized society...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    I am sure this proposal will meet with cross community support, (especially on p.ie) after all the state must be above suspicion and uphold the lawful and moral rules of a civilized society...

I doubt it.

Unionists have made it clear they do not want any inquiries.

Well… apart from those which suit them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Reg Empey hits out at Finucane inquiry calls - Latest - Belfast Newsletter

Are you having a laugh?
    The best Trimble came up with was that Northern Ireland was a cold house for Catholics.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vivabrigada View Post
    Are you having a laugh?
    The best Trimble came up with was that Northern Ireland was a cold house for Catholics.
    moi? i will have you know i am extremely serious and i go to great lengths to view all discussion on here at the same high intellectualism plateau as i do your insightful comments...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

moi? i will have you know i am extremely serious and i go to great lengths to view all discussion on here at the same high intellectualism plateau as i do your insightful comments...
    The British army sat and watched as a friend of mine was murdered because he was a Catholic, they then decided to kill the gunman. The gunman's mother died when she heard that her son was dead. If that's not British state terrorism I don't know what is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The British army sat and watched as a friend of mine was murdered because he was a Catholic, they then decided to kill the gunman. The gunman's mother died when she heard that her son was dead. If that's not British state terrorism I don't know what is.
    Given that one can assume that you support calls for inquiries into British state collusion? do you also support calls for inquiries into Irish state collusion?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Given that one can assume that you support calls for inquiries into British state collusion? do you also support calls for inquiries into Irish state collusion?
    Aye, but do you accept that the British state murdered people they claimed as their own citizens? If you do the IRA campaign was fully justified in trying to get British state violence out of Ireland.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Aye, but do you accept that the British state murdered people they claimed as their own citizens? If you do the IRA campaign was fully justified in trying to get British state violence out of Ireland.
    i believe all murders were wrong regardless of the 'justification', do you?

Politics.ie Member Global Justice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow, wow wow, trollsy. The thing is SF call for an independent truth commission, and would support ALL inquiries/controversies into the conflict. Unionists only want inquires into the miniscule-mythical free state collision, which is a deflection from the horrors and brutal state terrorism and imperialism which their state committed in Ireland and around the globe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Global Justice View Post
    Wow, wow wow, trollsy. The thing is SF call for an independent truth commission, and would support ALL inquiries/controversies into the conflict. Unionists only want inquires into the miniscule-mythical free state collision, which is a deflection into the horrors and brutal state terrorism and imperialism of their state in Ireland and beyond
    will geraldo the magician* who was never in what never went away or martyr the fly fisher of the year 74-81, be at this 'truth' commission...

*magician definition... someone who makes things disappear...

Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... LastLast