Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: Gay Mitchell. Who?

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member Mr. Bumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Crawling from the wreckage.
    Posts
    18,244
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default Gay Mitchell. Who?

    Just watching Gay Mitchell and Nessa Childers discussing Europe on RTE. Good discussion. Well worth checking out this programme (European Parliament Report) on RTE Player. Considering the hammering Mitchell took in the presidential election wrt his ability as a politician and debater, I find him extraordinarily impressive in this discussion.
    Cry your hardest now, it opens the lungs, washes the countenance, exercises the eyes and softens down the temper. So cry away.

  2. #2

    Default

    Not the evil of two lessers anymore?

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member Mr. Bumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Crawling from the wreckage.
    Posts
    18,244
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    Not the evil of two lessers anymore?
    Well his performance in the pres election was abysmal but I thought he was surprisingly very impressive in this discussion.
    Cry your hardest now, it opens the lungs, washes the countenance, exercises the eyes and softens down the temper. So cry away.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bumble View Post
    Well his performance in the pres election was abysmal but I thought he was surprisingly very impressive in this discussion.
    He's too short of temper to ever win a popular poll, other than a Dublin-centric one.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member Mr. Bumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Crawling from the wreckage.
    Posts
    18,244
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    He's too short of temper to ever win a popular poll, other than a Dublin-centric one.
    Yeah, that's true. However I was very impressed with his input into the discussion. Very well prepared and informed, and spoke eloquently and passionately. Perhaps well suited for the dark recesses of European politics rather than the spotlight of presidential elections.
    Cry your hardest now, it opens the lungs, washes the countenance, exercises the eyes and softens down the temper. So cry away.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member Mountaintop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Caught between the moon and New York City
    Posts
    1,256
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    He's too short of temper to ever win a popular poll, other than a Dublin-centric one.

    Seems to work for his two brothers, Grant and Phil....
    ...
    ...
    ...I may be thinking of the wrong guy here.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    He's too short of temper to ever win a popular poll, other than a Dublin-centric one.
    I don't understand Irish people's distaste for a mild loss of temper. FFS, if I were a politician, I would not get a single vote by that reckoning.

    We're afraid to blow our car horns for crying out loud. Well, I'm not. But most are.

    In India, everyone blows their fcking horns.
    Redacted.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bumble View Post
    Yeah, that's true. However I was very impressed with his input into the discussion. Very well prepared and informed, and spoke eloquently and passionately. Perhaps well suited for the dark recesses of European politics rather than the spotlight of presidential elections.
    He is undoubtedly on top of his brief and very knowledgeable; however, I have found in the past that this sometimes presents itself in a manner which makes him appear dismissive of opposing opinions.
    I have no money, but I love my life.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountaintop View Post
    Seems to work for his two brothers, Grant and Phil....

    ...
    ...
    ...I may be thinking of the wrong guy here.
    Shut IT!

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EvotingMachine0197 View Post
    I don't understand Irish people's
    distaste for a mild loss of temper. FFS, if I were a politician, I would not get a single vote by that reckoning.

    We're afraid to blow our car horns for crying out loud. Well, I'm not. But most are.

    In India, everyone blows their fcking horns.
    I wish someone would blow my horn.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •