Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism is Racism. How can we solve this problem? Who can be racist?

Default Racism is Racism. How can we solve this problem? Who can be racist?

We hear about racism all the time. It is a growing problem. How can we solve the problem?

Well firstly we need to recognise that there is a problem.

Then we need to recognise the scope of the problem.

This is where Ireland falls down. We pigeonhole racism and limits its discussion to a white on black racism. It is a serious issue and needs a holistic approach, not a 'racist' approach.

But anyone can be racist. It is not the sole enclave of white caucasian people. Asians can be racist, Africans can be racist. Anyone can be racist.

Thankfully the USA has moved away from the point where black people could not sit on a bus without getting racially abused/attacked. However black people still get attacked because of their skin colour. White people get attacked because of their skin colour. As can Asians.

Before we can solve the problem we need to understand the scope and the scale of the problem.

We need to weed out the racists of all races and apply the rule of law equally to offenders whatever their racial makeup.

We still have just over two racist incidents per week but thankfully the number of incidents are decreasing.

Statistics - Racist Incidents Crime

Certain types of racism are not recorded as race related crime so I am not sure how accurate the figures above are because they are not broke down by race.

Some people do not believe black people can be racist.
    Black people cannot be racist, says former Ken Livingstone aide - Telegraph

Some people believe they can be racist.

There was this....
    'Race hate' gang in Temple Bar orgy of violence - News, Frontpage - Herald.ie

So we need to actually understand and challenge the preconception that 'racism' is only a white phenomenon.

It is not. Believing otherwise allows those that hide behind false cries of 'racism' to continue using 'racism' to destabilise relations between all cultures in our community.

So a serious question.........Why is 'racism' so racist in Ireland?
    Fianna Fail - The Anti Democratic Party & The Anti Constitutional Party. Traitors of Irishmen and Irishwomen.

Politics.ie Member
    Blueshirts Hill / Ballybricken Waterford City.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Racism is natural.

Quote Originally Posted by DanBreen View Post
    Racism is natural.
    So is cancer, but I would not wish that on my worst enemy. Same with racism.
    Fianna Fail - The Anti Democratic Party & The Anti Constitutional Party. Traitors of Irishmen and Irishwomen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It's always easier to blame outsiders who look different as it takes away the focus for ones own capabilities.

''They took our jobs''.

Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    It's always easier to blame outsiders who look different as it takes away the focus for ones own capabilities.

''They took our jobs''.

The OP is not about that at all Ruserious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

There's two kinds of racism here in Ireland.
    Those who are racist towards physical attributes such as colour. This is the worst kind.
    There is also a lot of flack for the Roma. I think here, people just hate their culture and not their physical attrributes as it were so is this racism?
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    There's two kinds of racism here in Ireland.
    Those who are racist towards physical attributes such as colour. This is the worst kind.
    There is also a lot of flack for the Roma. I think here, people just hate their culture and not their physical attrributes as it were so is this racism?
    I doubt there is a 'worst' kind of racism. All racism is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
    Lot's of things are bad. Why do you draw a line?
    It's not clear what you are asking?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Racism has been around forever.
    There will always be racism.
    All the bu11sh1te threads on the planet will not change that fact one bit.
    Get over it.

Politics.ie Member Crazy horse 6's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

People are tribal. I've lived all around the world and its the one constant I've noticed. People like to mix with their own race. Multiculturalism does not work.

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast