Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Commercial Property predictions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default 2013 Commercial Property predictions

It's that time of year when the talking heads produce their pearls of wisdom about the coming year.

ref IT article
    2013: Prospects for the year ahead - The Irish Times - Wed, Dec 12, 2012

Mark FitzGerald Chairman, Sherry FitzGerald Group
    After four years of market contraction, the commercial and residential markets have both begun to stabilise, most notably through the uplift in market activity.
    When Europe recovers, Ireland is likely to recover quickly. Ireland led Europe into the crash and looks like leading it out of it.
    James Nugent MD, Lisney
    IPD (Investment Property Database) is showing a fall of 5 per cent over the past 12 months but I think these values have stopped falling. Some sectors may still be at risk to further falls. I’d have a concern about some out-of-town retail properties in certain provincial towns.
    John Moran MD, Jones Lang LaSalle
    For absolute prime we think that we are at the bottom. There is still further to go on secondary assets and land. Primarily driven by occupational uncertainty.
    Larry Brennan Chairman, Savills
    Yes, the prime markets have stabilised and arguably in certain sectors and locations, such as prime Dublin offices where supply is limited, we are likely to see some rental growth and capital appreciation.
    There is, however, significant supply in other areas, particularly in secondary non-prime locations.
    Values of these properties may have a little further to go.
    Michael Harrington Executive director, CBRE
    The outlook for 2013 is cautiously optimistic and if we as a nation can weather the upcoming budget with the same resilient spirit that got us through previous austerity adjustments, we should all be in a better place this time next year.
    A pretty consistent message.

Wishful thinking? Group think?

My thoughts - at best the market will go sideways next year.
    Your predictions?
    “Still paying, still to owe. Eternal woe! ” ― Paradise Lost, John Milton

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

THESH!TERIMES are trying to talk up a sector in the property market.

And giving free rein to spoofers like the estate agent you would not recommend to your worst enemy.

Nothing has changed with respect to the propertypaper with a news supplement.
    Last edited by Analyzer; 14th December 2012 at 03:47 PM.
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Howya View Post
    It's that time of year when the talking heads produce their pearls of wisdom about the coming year.

ref IT article

Your predictions?
    More conclusive proof if ever was needed that a) we havent learned a thing from the property bubble and b) another good reason to remind myself why I the IT is only good for the cat box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Your Cat isn't very fussy then

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

ref IT article

Your predictions?
    Defaults on mortgages for buy to let commercial properties will continue to rise and the market will be increasingly flooded by banks trying to recoup some of their money. Rents will decrease as more SMEs go bust and landlords realise that they either have empty premises or they do a deal with tenants. Because of these two factors, I think rents and values will decline, both possibly by 10%. Unfortunately.

Wrt to the Masters of the Universe quoted in the IT, and a nod to Mandy Rice Davies, they would say that wouldn't they?
    Cry your hardest now, it opens the lungs, washes the countenance, exercises the eyes and softens down the temper. So cry away.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So under worked auctioneers are predicting a rise in property prices. And in the Times, the paper that was funded by the property boom!

Regards...hard to be positive

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ref IT article

Your predictions?
    Surely if all those firms think we are at the bottom, they would be quietly buying themselves,

Like, with all those property guru's on the payroll, those companies must be sitting on huge cash hoards,

It's not like they're all busted and only being kepth alive by Nama welfare or anything

Flippin shills

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs down

ref IT article

Your predictions?
    nothing is going to happen while there is still some uncertainty about upwards only rent reviews.

i think savilles are talking through their wholes....you can't walk down a street in dublin without tripping over an empty office block.
    I liberate minds with my music. That's more important than liberating a few people from apartheid or whatever. - Kanye West

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Has anyone else noticed how hard the toilet paper of record are pushing that "good news" story from Michael Heasunstab today,

They're really ramming it down people's throats,

Tom Lyons and NCB stockbrokers are also pushing it,

Mmmm, very interesting says Ribser!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zakalwe1 View Post
    nothing is going to happen while there is still some uncertainty about upwards only rent reviews.

i think savilles are talking through their wholes....you can't walk down a street in dublin without tripping over an empty office block.
    It's not only Dublin. Plenty of unopened commercial and office units outside the pale.

Regards...half door

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast