Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Idea for a new TV channel.....RTE Gold

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member RahenyFG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wernham and Hogg Ltd, Slough
    Posts
    9,201
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Idea for a new TV channel.....RTE Gold

    I suggested this to someone the other day when we were talking about old RTE programmes of the past. Plenty of good shows that are rarely repeated-Don't Feed The Gondolas, Blizzard of Odd, A Scare At Bedtime with Podge and Rodge, Paths To Freedom, Legend, The Live Mike, Bull Island and loads more, put them on an RTE channel showing classic RTE programming from the past. You can also have soaps like Glenroe, never repeated, and old Fair City episodes to please the aul ones. Well aware RTE doesn't have the money at the moment but if they could afford it it could be a success.
    I have closed down this account, I am now The Rahenyite.

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member florin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,360
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    "Gold" might be stretching it. RTE Copper maybe.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member cabledude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In my home.....
    Posts
    6,355
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    On the same point, I was looking through my Saorview box today and notices a whole raft of new channels on the EPG. Test channels 1 -6. Must be more channels in the pipeline. RTE Gold would be a good one, provided they didn't reintroduce Bosco!
    Stand there in silence, look up to the sky and remember how brave they were.

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member RahenyFG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wernham and Hogg Ltd, Slough
    Posts
    9,201
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cabledude View Post
    RTE Gold would be a good one, provided they didn't reintroduce Bosco!
    He'll just be the testcard for when the aerial goes wacky
    I have closed down this account, I am now The Rahenyite.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member dizillusioned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The World
    Posts
    14,781
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Oh gawd, don't we see enough of Gay Byrne as it is?

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member darkknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,869
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Of course, RTE Gold (Radio) already exists (and is one of my favourite digital channels).

    RTE Digital Radio - Gold

    It's non-stop classic pop/rock, with no Pat K, or Joe D, or Marian F or any of that lot. Pure Gold!

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member Mackers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,521
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Glenroe. Yes I'm serious. We all have our little foibles.
    War doesn't work. Give peace a chance.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member dizillusioned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The World
    Posts
    14,781
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackers View Post
    Glenroe. Yes I'm serious. We all have our little foibles.
    And the way Benji might smell of ya!

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,414
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RahenyFG View Post
    I suggested this to someone the other day when we were talking about old RTE programmes of the past. Plenty of good shows that are rarely repeated-Don't Feed The Gondolas, Blizzard of Odd, A Scare At Bedtime with Podge and Rodge, Paths To Freedom, Legend, The Live Mike, Bull Island and loads more, put them on an RTE channel showing classic RTE programming from the past. You can also have soaps like Glenroe, never repeated, and old Fair City episodes to please the aul ones. Well aware RTE doesn't have the money at the moment but if they could afford it it could be a success.
    Great idea, fund it by colsing down Rte 1....

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member ruserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the Bunker...Returning Fire!
    Posts
    29,323
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    I support this motion. Also hope RTÉ get the rights to Qi. Best show on tv.
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •