Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Northern Ireland submariner tried to sell secrets to Russia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Northern Ireland submariner tried to sell secrets to Russia

Saw this today in the Irish Times.

Northern Ireland submariner tried to sell secrets to Russia - The Irish Times - Wed, Nov 14, 2012

I thought there might have been more coverage of it and could find no more detail on it except what was in The Guardian. I could find nothing about it in the Daily Telegraph or on the BBC. Does treason not warrant coverage any more? It will be interesting to see what sort of sentence that receives.

Politics.ie Member InsideImDancing's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aristodemus View Post

Northern Ireland submariner tried to sell secrets to Russia - The Irish Times - Wed, Nov 14, 2012

I thought there might have been more coverage of it and could find no more detail on it except what was in The Guardian. I could find nothing about it in the Daily Telegraph or on the BBC. Does treason not warrant coverage any more? It will be interesting to see what sort of sentence that receives.
    It's a shared society now, he should be knighted.
    Police ombudsman Nula O'loan - We found collusion on a massive scale, murders, intimidation, directing terrorism, attempted murder, drug smuggling, the list of crimes is endless..

Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

it was on the news but has been disregarded as he isn't one of the 21%...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I didn't even know NI had a navy, just shows you.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    it was on the news but has been disregarded as he isn't one of the 21%...
    21% of what?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

So you've set this up today after he was sentenced for 8 years yesterday. Yet you somehow only saw it today in a Nov 14th IT article?

Nuclear submariner tried to pass secrets to Russians to 'hurt' Royal Navy - Telegraph

BBC News - Navy submariner jailed for Official Secrets Act breach

Be honest now, how hard did you look?
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davidcameron View Post
    21% of what?
    that is the 64 million dollar question...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He was upset at not getting a promotion. So he phoned the Russian Embassy to set up a meet to pass secrets. And this guy had a job on a nuclear sub. A hell of a loss to naval Intelligence? Or, should that be spelt navel?

He was angry, and stupid. I take it he didn't realise MI5, 6, or even 7 and a half might just be bugging the gaff?
    War doesn't work. Give peace a chance.

Politics.ie Member former wesleyan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vivabrigada View Post
    I didn't even know NI had a navy, just shows you.
    "What Michael Collins accepted in '22,De Valera accepted in'27 and Gerry Adams accepted in '98.Sooner or later they all come around to accepting the Treaty"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by former wesleyan View Post
    I can't see any fleg, are they a new group? Are they trying to block the Lagan?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast