Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: To the left or to the right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default To the left or to the right?

I have been wondering that if we are to "manage" the crisis perhaps we need to go one way or the other. While I wished this government well nearly two years ago I have been deeply disappointed by many of the decisions made by both parties. It feels like the worst elements of left and right politics have been played out with the common theme of reform half heartedly being attempted.

Now I don't envy any government in these grave economic times, but is the mish mash of left and right politics, and the vested interests so tied to each side, preventing government from functioning as best it might with the best interests of the country at heart?
    At 12 weeks the “clump of cells” toes curl, her mouth makes sucking movements, she has a human face and if you prod the tummy she will move in response

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Two horses tethered together, pulling in opposite directions. Labour looking after PS vested interests with barely a nod to those on social welfare. Fine Gael showing the country where its own interests lie by looking for an across-the-board cut of 3% in social welfare, regardless of whether you're comfortably off or living in dire poverty.

Neither party is fit to govern alone but together they're hogtied to the status quo.

Personally, I've given up on politics here.
    Abortion is an act of violence. Violence demeans humanity, particularly violence against women and children.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    It feels like the worst elements of left and right politics have been played out with the common theme of reform half heartedly being attempted.
    Vote For The Hokey-Pokey Party...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
    Two horses tethered together, pulling in opposite directions. Labour looking after PS vested interests with barely a nod to those on social welfare. Fine Gael showing the country where its own interests lie by looking for an across-the-board cut of 3% in social welfare, regardless of whether you're comfortably off or living in dire poverty.

Neither party is fit to govern alone but together they're hogtied to the status quo.

Me to. I'm putting my faith in VooDoo from now on. It must be better.
    Сохранить Украины

Caught between the moon and New York City
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drummed View Post
    [/B]

Me to. I'm putting my faith in VooDoo from now on. It must be better.
    AAhhh...you really think if I hadn't sacrificed that chicken the last referendum would've passed????

....and if not me, then who do you think is responsible for turning our political class into zombies????
    Bwahaha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hiker View Post
    Vote For The Hokey-Pokey Party...
    Oh that there was such thing.
    "It is important therefore that I clarify to the House that in the first instance there are significant monies within Anglo-Irish to take the strain of loan losses arising over the next three or four years, before State support is engaged." Brian Lenihan 15/01/09

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    I have been wondering that if we are to "manage" the crisis perhaps we need to go one way or the other. While I wished this government well nearly two years ago I have been deeply disappointed by many of the decisions made by both parties. It feels like the worst elements of left and right politics have been played out with the common theme of reform half heartedly being attempted.

Now I don't envy any government in these grave economic times, but is the mish mash of left and right politics, and the vested interests so tied to each side, preventing government from functioning as best it might with the best interests of the country at heart?
    The alternative to centre left/right parties, such as we have now, is further polarisation leading to far right or far left extremes.
    Cry your hardest now, it opens the lungs, washes the countenance, exercises the eyes and softens down the temper. So cry away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 'orebel View Post
    Would be too many left-leggers for my liking.
    Cry your hardest now, it opens the lungs, washes the countenance, exercises the eyes and softens down the temper. So cry away.

Caught between the moon and New York City
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 'orebel View Post
    My family, historically would've voted for the 'Agadoo' party.

(If anyone gets that reference, congratulations, you're old)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hewson View Post

Yeh, there are two horses pulling in opposite directions. It's not working though is it? Wouldn't one or the other be more effective in opposition?
    At 12 weeks the “clump of cells” toes curl, her mouth makes sucking movements, she has a human face and if you prod the tummy she will move in response

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast