Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Consultation Process On Client Criminalisation In Paid For Sex Transaction Closes On Friday.

Politics.ie Member General Urko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Consultation Process On Client Criminalisation In Paid For Sex Transaction Closes On Friday.

Similar to ourselves and Northern Ireland there has been a consultation process in Scotland re overhauling the current laws relating to prostitution with a view to criminalising the client high on the likely final legislative outcome.
    The consultation document is available at http://www.scottish....ills/54314.aspx
    You do not have to be a UK citizen or Scottish resident to submit to this open forum, it is closed on Friday, presumably at close of business feel free to email your views as indicated in the document.
    It could save a vulnerable working woman's life!
    An organisation called Scot-Pep has been set up by concerned people there including women freely working in the sex industry to fight this absurd nonsense and guideline letters of theirs can be found at http://scot-pep.org....ponse-templates
    The main proponent and sponsor of this bill is a lady from the Highlands, Rhoda Grant who makes Senator Ronan Mullan look like an urbane sophisticated European intellectual by comparisson! She can be emailed (politely please) at Rhoda.Grant.msp@scottish.parliament.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://www.scottish....ills/54314.aspx.
    or http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/S4...nsultation.pdf
    should get you to the consultation document or it can be reached following the pep link.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just submitted my views!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rhoda Grant has published all the reponses she has received! I will post more on This shortly!
    Last edited by General Urko; 6th June 2013 at 03:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The bill proposing to criminalise the buyer in Sexual transactions, is up for debate and voting in the Scottish Parliament shortly (possibly within the next 10 days!) If successful, it's proposed by an SMP from the Highlands and Islands, Rhoda Grant, who was never actually directly elected (she got to parliament on the list system), and has a lot of support from the Scottish Labour Party and SNP, it will place unbelievable pressure on the next Westminister government to bring it into England and Wales. Don't forget this government will almost certainly have Harriet Harperson as home secretary and she has a frothing at the mouth enthusiasm for such misandry!

The Bill -
    Proposed Criminalisation of the Purchase of Sex (Scotland) Bill (2) - Parliamentary Business : Scottish Parliament

The consultation process and spin put on it prior to its introduction -

http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/S4...ion_summary.pd

She obviously contacted every religious organisation and radical feminist group in Scotland to bump up support for her views!

Rhoda Grant's justification for her insane and extremely dangerous bill -

The case for the Criminalisation of the Purchase of Sex Bill

Amnesty International clarification as to its opposing viewpoint (Grant took the views of one chapter of this esteemed organisation as supportive of the insanity, whereas head office certainly does not support it) -

Amnesty, human rights and the criminalisation of sex work

A dose of reality from The Herald In Scotland on the debate -

'Law does nothing to help sex workers' | Herald Scotland

Scottish sex workers' views -

About SCOT-PEP | SCOT-PEP

and

A list of members of the Scottish Parliament, who can be e-mailed on this directly -

Current MSPs - MSPs : Scottish Parliament

Please remember that The Price Of Freedom Is Eternal Vigilance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Summary of the required consultation process -

http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/S4...on_summary.pdf

Ramps

I've changed my mind. Prostitution should be illegal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ramps View Post
    I've changed my mind. Prostitution should be illegal.
    Is it not waaaaaaay passed your bed time?
    Prostitution should not be illegal!
    Trafficking/Coercing another human being into the sex trade (or any other) should be severely punished in law!
    Attacks on sex workers should carry an extra tariff in sentencing as should attacks on other vulnerable groups
    Any punter using/abusing an underage sex worker or one who is obviously directly under the influence of drink/drugs to such an extent giving free consent is impossible should be prosecuted!
    It's also much more preferable to keep all paid for encounters behind closed doors on premises which can be checked by the authorities re H and S etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I demand the right to sell my body.
    Bringing reconciliation, mutual respect and cross community understanding to Northern Ireland through facts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Urko View Post
    I just submitted my views!
    It's in Scotland, do you think the Scots care what you think? Unless you live in Scotland that is!
    There's a lot to be said for the fellow who doesn't say it himself. -- Maurice Switzer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast