Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Republican's Issue Death-threats To Two MP's

Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Republican's Issue Death-threats To Two MP's

Mr Donaldson said: "Police this morning received a serious threat to the effect that myself, my wife and children and my colleague Edwin Poots, his wife and children would be shot and the police are treating this threat very seriously."

it is beyond belief that people would target my wife and children in this way," he said.
    Read more: Second MP receives death threat - UK, Local & National - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Republicans targeting democratically elected Representatives and their families, can the vile ogre that is republicanism sink any lower? it's fairly oblivious these thugs didn't read the census results, perhaps someone could read it for them...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

Do town and country dwellers have radically different prospects?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I simply don't believe this.
    'Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness'.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theloner View Post
    I simply don't believe this.
    hark at victor mopedrew... if the PSNI stated that loyalists had issued death-threats you wouldn't question it...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gary Gillanders
    anyone else think the death threats on Dup members is just a ploy by either the British government or sinn fein to try and gain the party more support so they can continue playing happy families with sinn fein up in the big house.

From the loyalist website "keep the fleg....................."

All too convenient for the DUP when the troops are restless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Er, the death threats have been coming from unionists.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    Read more: Second MP receives death threat - UK, Local & National - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Republicans targeting democratically elected Representatives and their families, can the vile ogre that is republicanism sink any lower? it's fairly oblivious these thugs didn't read the census results, perhaps someone could read it for them...
    If these allegations are genuine i.e. if they are not a convenient attempt to divert attention from

a) the violence and intimidation by the "vile ogre of loyalism" as representend by unionist "thugs",

and

b) and the findings of "shocking levels of collusion" between British terrorists in Northern Ireland and their British nationalist bedfellows in the security forces, then they are repulsive.

How big that "if" should be is open to question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hark at victor mopedrew... if the PSNI stated that loyalists had issued death-threats you wouldn't question it...
    Would it be possible the death threats came from loyalists given the fact the DUP and UUP have called on them to suspend their flag protests, even though DUP and UUP still attend these protests?

Bizarre I know.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ren84 View Post
    Er, the death threats have been coming from unionists.
    He said he not only condemned threats against himself and Mr Poots but had consistently condemned those against other democratic politicians. Mr Poots blamed dissident republicans angry at his stance that the flag should be flying.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

PS ren loving the new signature have you moved on from your non sectarian atheists stance?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Honestly BTB, really honestly, I feel there are dirty tricks at play. And you used the word 'if'. Back when Gerry Adams got into a tangle regards his brother, he used his father's abuse as a diversionary tactic from the damaging, current, real issue. I believe this is happening now with the DUP and the flag situation.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast