Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anonymous - Project Mayhem 2012 Warning

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Anonymous - Project Mayhem 2012 Warning

What do you make of this?

Anonymous - Project Mayhem 2012 Warning - YouTube

The date is 12/11/2012, over the next ten days we're going to see massive leaks, leaks that likely will prove corruption not only in governments, but in large corporations too. Project Mayhem 2012 aims to expose this corruption in hope that people use the new found knowledge for the benefit of humanity as a whole.

It has come to the attention of the collective however that there might be a way for these leaks to be used to benefit the few instead of the many. Ask yourself this, "Are the leaks being allowed to take place?" What if we're falling into one of the biggest traps ever witnessed by humanity? If the powers that be allow these leaks to take place, the results of the leaks would likely be widespread rage among many citizens.

If people respond to these leaks with anger, the elites will have a perfect excuse for a huge and public power grab. Many of the bills that have recently passed into law in the United States only require widespread civil unrest to become fully enacted. What better way to provoke civil unrest than allowing information to get out that says everything you think you've known has been a lie...

This isn't a call to stop the leaks, if used correctly the information these leaks will provide us could be used to finally bring peace between nations. Simply put we must remain peaceful, we must think rationally and use these leaks to carefully get rid of the corruption they expose. The best thing you can do is prepare yourself to hear the worse and train yourself to spread the knowledge peacefully to others.

Together we can use this information to bring peace and prosperity to all of humanity. You hold the power to make the world free and beautiful, to make life a wonderful adventure. No one can ever force you into a conflict, always remember that only through peace can we hope to find peace. If you decide to fight for peace through war, then you don't truly understand what your fighting for. The only way to secure peace is to first become the example of it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeupcall View Post

Together we can use this information to bring peace and prosperity to all of humanity. You hold the power to make the world free and beautiful, to make life a wonderful adventure. No one can ever force you into a conflict, always remember that only through peace can we hope to find peace. If you decide to fight for peace through war, then you don't truly understand what your fighting for. The only way to secure peace is to first become the example of it.
    Aren't the 1960s wonderful, all the same?
    Put a thief among honest men and they will eventually relieve him of his watch. Flann O'Brien

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by statsman View Post
    Aren't the 1960s wonderful, all the same?
    Well they were until the paranoia started creeping in in the early 70s:

It has come to the attention of the collective however that there might be a way for these leaks to be used to benefit the few instead of the many. Ask yourself this, "Are the leaks being allowed to take place?" What if we're falling into one of the biggest traps ever witnessed by humanity? If the powers that be allow these leaks to take place, the results of the leaks would likely be widespread rage among many citizens.
    The text of this statement is a bit like a socio-political archaeological dig, really.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I rang the plumber straight away.
    Heaven and Earth Meet in the Human Heart!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsui2 View Post
    Well they were until the paranoia started creeping in in the early 70s:

The text of this statement is a bit like a socio-political archaeological dig, really.
    Or a short extract from a Thomas Pynchon novel. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it's lifted from Vineland.
    Put a thief among honest men and they will eventually relieve him of his watch. Flann O'Brien

Politics.ie Member TiredOfBeingTired's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radix View Post
    I rang the plumber straight away.
    I've tried to get a plumber a couple of times recently and it didnt go too well.
    Sometimes there is very little between historical and hysterical. One passes for the other. In time, the former remains forever, the latter is quickly replaced...

Politics.ie Member Spanner Island's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If it happens I doubt many people in Ireland will be surprised or will get exercised or angry enough to do anything...

Sure aren't we world leaders in bullsh!t and lies and corruption and most importantly, apathy?

We'll be fine.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The true triumph of the current ruling ideology is its cynicism.

Throughout the liberal democratic world large sections of the populace have become completely de-politicised - they neither think of themselves as political subjects nor expect anything from politicians except corruption and deceit.

Therefore, as much as I instinctively support groups like Anonymous and WikiLeaks, I fear they are deluded if they think something as powerless as 'the truth' will prompt radical change.
    Last edited by loaf; 13th December 2012 at 03:04 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    The true triumph of the current ruling ideology is its cynicism.

Throughout the liberal democratic world large sections of the populace have become completely de-politicised - the neither think of themselves as political subjects nor expect anything from politicians except corruption and deceit.

Therefore, as much as I instinctively support groups like Anonymous and WikiLeaks, I fear they are deluded if they think something as powerless as 'the truth' will prompt radical change.
    There's no value in 'speaking truth to power'; power already knows all that stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What do you make of this?

It has come to the attention of the collective

I stopped reading after I got to the bit about "the collective".... ULA anyone?
    “Still paying, still to owe. Eternal woe! ” ― Paradise Lost, John Milton

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast