Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: The 'politically correct' Kaczyński stirs up old ethnic hatreds thread

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member Ifor Bach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    10,298
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default The 'politically correct' Kaczyński stirs up old ethnic hatreds thread

    Jarosław Kaczyński, leader of the Catholic nationalist PiS (Law and Justice) party, attempts to stir up old hatreds between Poles and Germans.

    Jaros
    By means of explanation: Jarosław Kaczyński is Polish. He made his speech in Poland. Poland is a medium-sized country in Central Europe. The citizens of this country are called 'Poles'. Poland has a history of conflict with Germany. For example, Germany invaded Poland in 1939.

    I think conflict is 'bad'. I believe it is a 'bad thing' for politicians to cause conflict.

    I hope the above explains the context of the O.P.. I have also, as requested, expressed an opinion on the matter.

  2. #2
    Moderator Conor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    We are where we are
    Posts
    5,251
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ifor Bach View Post
    By means of explanation: Jarosław Kaczyński is Polish. He made his speech in Poland. Poland is a medium-sized country in Central Europe. The citizens of this country are called 'Poles'. Poland has a history of conflict with Germany. For example, Germany invaded Poland in 1939.

    I think conflict is 'bad'. I believe it is a 'bad thing' for politicians to cause conflict.

    I hope the above explains the context of the O.P.. I have also, as requested, expressed an opinion on the matter.
    What was his speech about?
    Nothing will motivate the lazy / apathetic / Americanised / west-British types to embrace their culture and the Irish language.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member olli rehn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    en garde
    Posts
    8,450
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Jarosław Kaczyńsky and his brother have been always full of s hit. Thanks bit to God the crap was reduced by 50 % some years ago.
    May be Jaroslaw takes the next plane to Russia and through some more devine intervention the verbal diarrhea ends.

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member Ifor Bach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    10,298
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    What was his speech about?
    From the link:

    Jarosław Kaczyński, the leader of Poland’s main opposition party, PiS, ‘Law and Justice’, during a visit to Opole in Silesia, which has a substantial German minority population, suggested that Poland has been far too ‘idealistic’ to its German minority.

    In his visit to Opole, on Saturday, 8th December, Jarosław Kaczyński stated that, “Germans in Poland should have the same rights as Poles in Germany.” He went on to claim that ‘privileges’ provided to the German minority in Silesia encouraged ‘separatism’.

    Kaczyński is hoping to stage a March in Opole in May under the slogan Tu jest Polska, ‘Poland is here’.
    Hope this helps.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member Ifor Bach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    10,298
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    What was his speech about?
    Imho, it was about stirring up ethnic hate.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member Clanrickard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Last outpost of freedom
    Posts
    31,849
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by olli rehn View Post
    Jarosław Kaczyńsky and his brother have been always full of s hit. Thanks bit to God the crap was reduced by 50 % some years ago.
    May be Jaroslaw takes the next plane to Russia and through some more devine intervention the verbal diarrhea ends.
    Hoping people die. Charming.

  7. #7
    Moderator Conor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    We are where we are
    Posts
    5,251
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ifor Bach View Post
    From the link:
    Jarosław Kaczyński, the leader of Poland’s main opposition party, PiS, ‘Law and Justice’, during a visit to Opole in Silesia, which has a substantial German minority population, suggested that Poland has been far too ‘idealistic’ to its German minority.

    In his visit to Opole, on Saturday, 8th December, Jarosław Kaczyński stated that, “Germans in Poland should have the same rights as Poles in Germany.” He went on to claim that ‘privileges’ provided to the German minority in Silesia encouraged ‘separatism’.

    Kaczyński is hoping to stage a March in Opole in May under the slogan Tu jest Polska, ‘Poland is here’.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifor Bach View Post
    Imho, it was about stirring up ethnic hate.
    I think your OP would be improved greatly by editing it to include these helpful elements.
    Nothing will motivate the lazy / apathetic / Americanised / west-British types to embrace their culture and the Irish language.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member Ifor Bach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    10,298
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    I think your OP would be improved greatly by editing it to include these helpful elements.
    Surely, if anyone is interested, they can press the link button themselves.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,140
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Would these Germans in Poland be former residents of the 'old' Prussia which was dissolved at the end of WW2 in the redrawing of European country boundaries ?

    Many Prussians fled westwards with the advance of the Soviet armies but a great proportion stayed put.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member Analyzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Posts
    46,117
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    There was a time in the last century when the financial power of Germany was able to sway media opinion making opinion in some countries in eastern europe.....thankfully we never becamse part of that....
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •