Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 'politically correct' Kaczyński stirs up old ethnic hatreds thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The 'politically correct' Kaczyński stirs up old ethnic hatreds thread

Jarosław Kaczyński, leader of the Catholic nationalist PiS (Law and Justice) party, attempts to stir up old hatreds between Poles and Germans.

Jaros
    By means of explanation: Jarosław Kaczyński is Polish. He made his speech in Poland. Poland is a medium-sized country in Central Europe. The citizens of this country are called 'Poles'. Poland has a history of conflict with Germany. For example, Germany invaded Poland in 1939.

I think conflict is 'bad'. I believe it is a 'bad thing' for politicians to cause conflict.

I hope the above explains the context of the O.P.. I have also, as requested, expressed an opinion on the matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ifor Bach View Post
    By means of explanation: Jarosław Kaczyński is Polish. He made his speech in Poland. Poland is a medium-sized country in Central Europe. The citizens of this country are called 'Poles'. Poland has a history of conflict with Germany. For example, Germany invaded Poland in 1939.

I think conflict is 'bad'. I believe it is a 'bad thing' for politicians to cause conflict.

I hope the above explains the context of the O.P.. I have also, as requested, expressed an opinion on the matter.
    What was his speech about?
    Nothing will motivate the lazy / apathetic / Americanised / west-British types to embrace their culture and the Irish language.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jarosław Kaczyńsky and his brother have been always full of s hit. Thanks bit to God the crap was reduced by 50 % some years ago.
    May be Jaroslaw takes the next plane to Russia and through some more devine intervention the verbal diarrhea ends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    From the link:

Jarosław Kaczyński, the leader of Poland’s main opposition party, PiS, ‘Law and Justice’, during a visit to Opole in Silesia, which has a substantial German minority population, suggested that Poland has been far too ‘idealistic’ to its German minority.

In his visit to Opole, on Saturday, 8th December, Jarosław Kaczyński stated that, “Germans in Poland should have the same rights as Poles in Germany.” He went on to claim that ‘privileges’ provided to the German minority in Silesia encouraged ‘separatism’.

Kaczyński is hoping to stage a March in Opole in May under the slogan Tu jest Polska, ‘Poland is here’.
    Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Imho, it was about stirring up ethnic hate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olli rehn View Post
    Jarosław Kaczyńsky and his brother have been always full of s hit. Thanks bit to God the crap was reduced by 50 % some years ago.
    May be Jaroslaw takes the next plane to Russia and through some more devine intervention the verbal diarrhea ends.
    Hoping people die. Charming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From the link:
    Jarosław Kaczyński, the leader of Poland’s main opposition party, PiS, ‘Law and Justice’, during a visit to Opole in Silesia, which has a substantial German minority population, suggested that Poland has been far too ‘idealistic’ to its German minority.

In his visit to Opole, on Saturday, 8th December, Jarosław Kaczyński stated that, “Germans in Poland should have the same rights as Poles in Germany.” He went on to claim that ‘privileges’ provided to the German minority in Silesia encouraged ‘separatism’.

Kaczyński is hoping to stage a March in Opole in May under the slogan Tu jest Polska, ‘Poland is here’.
    Imho, it was about stirring up ethnic hate.
    I think your OP would be improved greatly by editing it to include these helpful elements.
    Nothing will motivate the lazy / apathetic / Americanised / west-British types to embrace their culture and the Irish language.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think your OP would be improved greatly by editing it to include these helpful elements.
    Surely, if anyone is interested, they can press the link button themselves.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Would these Germans in Poland be former residents of the 'old' Prussia which was dissolved at the end of WW2 in the redrawing of European country boundaries ?

Many Prussians fled westwards with the advance of the Soviet armies but a great proportion stayed put.

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There was a time in the last century when the financial power of Germany was able to sway media opinion making opinion in some countries in eastern europe.....thankfully we never becamse part of that....
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast