Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 103 123451151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 1022

Thread: Unionism in Crises

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member ArtyisBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Coleraine
    Posts
    6,079
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Unionism in Crises

    Today we see that the number of those who identify themselves as British has fallen from a majority to a plurality. Those who call themselves protestant has also fallen to a plurality. One of the reasons for partition, to preserve a Protestant Ascendancy no longer applies.

    The growing number of people who identify themselves as Irish are starting to make their presence felt and pro-Irish cultural expression and symbolism is being demanded and being achieved in the public sphere.

    Unionism cannot cope. The "flegs" issue is a symptom of this malaise, the malaise of not wanting Irish or their cultural expression around the place.

    Now the outcome of the "fleg" at belfast is in no way a nationalist solution. It still proclaims unionist supremacy in Belfast, a city were the census show that they are in a minority. However any diminition, no ridiculous the perception, cannot be dealt with. So the more extreme unionists rounded on the moderate ones in the Alliance Party, basically blaming them for lundyism in the face of a nationalist siege. They do not see that the Alliance Party achieved a result for unionism. Blind extremism indeed.

    The unionists from the estates have rebelled. The UUP and DUP have created a monster which they have lost control off. McCrea was ran from a protest in Cookstown with yous (the DUP) are finished ringing in his ears. Tonight Jeffery Donaldson and Edwin Poots gets their lives threatened. Marchers walking with banners proclaiming that democracy does not work.

    In short the unionists are in crises. Protestant Ulster is no more. It is not even British now. No one can tell how it will develop. But one thing is sure. It will not be the Ulster of 10 or 20 years ago. That Ulster is finished, what happens now?
    http://ulstersdoomed.blogspot.com/ http://www.requetes.com
    For unionism this is as good as it gets, for nationalism this is the worse it can be.

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    skintown
    Posts
    45,005
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    25% Irish. Merry Xmas and a happy Union...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member Ren84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Free Europe
    Posts
    49,865
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArtyisBack View Post
    Today we see that the number of those who identify themselves as British has fallen from a majority to a plurality. Those who call themselves protestant has also fallen to a plurality. One of the reasons for partition, to preserve a Protestant Ascendancy no longer applies.

    The growing number of people who identify themselves as Irish are starting to make their presence felt and pro-Irish cultural expression and symbolism is being demanded and being achieved in the public sphere.

    Unionism cannot cope. The "flegs" issue is a symptom of this malaise, the malaise of not wanting Irish or their cultural expression around the place.

    Now the outcome of the "fleg" at belfast is in no way a nationalist solution. It still proclaims unionist supremacy in Belfast, a city were the census show that they are in a minority. However any diminition, no ridiculous the perception, cannot be dealt with. So the more extreme unionists rounded on the moderate ones in the Alliance Party, basically blaming them for lundyism in the face of a nationalist siege. They do not see that the Alliance Party achieved a result for unionism. Blind extremism indeed.

    The unionists from the estates have rebelled. The UUP and DUP have created a monster which they have lost control off. McCrea was ran from a protest in Cookstown with yous (the DUP) are finished ringing in his ears. Tonight Jeffery Donaldson and Edwin Poots gets their lives threatened. Marchers walking with banners proclaiming that democracy does not work.

    In short the unionists are in crises. Protestant Ulster is no more. It is not even British now. No one can tell how it will develop. But one thing is sure. It will not be the Ulster of 10 or 20 years ago. That Ulster is finished, what happens now?
    A VERY bad week for unionism. First they make such spectacular tits of themselves, at the very moment the US Sec of State pops in for a visit, then the census results are released indicating what we all knew for many years now, a much smaller gap between Catholics and Protestants. A very merry Xmas for the Irish people.


  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,934
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Do not think anybody gives a fig about what Hilary Clinton thinks .

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member Mickeymac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    36,143
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ren84 View Post
    A VERY bad week for unionism. First they make such spectacular tits of themselves, at the very moment the US Sec of State pops in for a visit, then the census results are released indicating what we all knew for many years now, a much smaller gap between Catholics and Protestants. A very merry Xmas for the Irish people.



    You have no idea the joy your pic brings to me, icing on the cake will be the National Flag of Ireland hoisted there soon.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    skintown
    Posts
    45,005
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vinoboy View Post
    Do not think anybody gives a fig about what Hilary Clinton thinks .
    bill certainly doesn't...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member Ren84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Free Europe
    Posts
    49,865
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeymac View Post
    You have no idea the joy your pic brings to me, icing on the cake will be the National Flag of Ireland hoisted there soon.
    Both or none at all.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member Mickeymac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    36,143
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ren84 View Post
    Both or none at all.


    Always said the above sir, but recent events have changed my wishes for the future.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member Ren84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Free Europe
    Posts
    49,865
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeymac View Post
    Always said the above sir, but recent events have changed my wishes for the future.
    Well if unionists don't want a shared space then all emblems and symbols both sides cherish should be banned.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member ArtyisBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Coleraine
    Posts
    6,079
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Obvious the unionist trolls have no answer. They know that Project ulster is finished, they know that the Unionist hegemony is finished and they know that the greening of the region will continue and they are powerless to stop it. They cannot even shoot a few fenians to put them in their box any more. Hence the banners denouncing democracy, the refusal to accept democratic decisions, the attacks on democratic parties, the attacks on democratically elected representatives and death threats to democrats.

    They have seriously lost the plot and are in crises mode.
    http://ulstersdoomed.blogspot.com/ http://www.requetes.com
    For unionism this is as good as it gets, for nationalism this is the worse it can be.

Page 1 of 103 123451151101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •