Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shared Future

Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Shared Future

Now that the census has given everyone straws to spin how shall we weave the web? While i may play the little englunger in order to rise a few on here in realty i am a moderate PUL. I am delighted with the growth of those who identify themselves as Northern Irish it's how i identify myself (to anyone who asks including the census).
    Like it or not everyone in OWC has grown up in a unique situation which makes us neither truly British or Irish, and no amount of rhetoric from either 'side' can change that reality. So as we slowly crawl towards normalization i look forward to the far off day when there are no sides, just Northern Irish. Hurley on the Shankill and Lambegs on the Falls...
    Dia agus Uladh
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I`m delighted that there is now just a 3% gap between Protestants and Catholics in the north as opposed to almost a 10% difference in 2001.
    It`s really great that 46% identify themselves as Irish/Northern Irish which exceeds the 45% Catholic population number. Just 40% see themselves as british now. It`s good to see Protestants as members of not only the SDLP but also of SF now. Times are a changing and Joint Sovereignty is a fair compromise for a shared future until we reach the stage of a border poll and the reunification of our country in the next decade or so.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

chara if the census has proved anything it has proved it is no longer solely a sectarian head count, regardless of anyone's views that is a step in the right direction...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Global Justice View Post
    An Orange man is a moderate?
    in a band too, go figure...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Agreed. I have met Protestant nationalists and plenty more who are neutral on the union with Britain but I have never met a catholic unionist and in the current climate with loyalist thugs rampaging the streets, I don`t think I ever will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Global Justice View Post
    An Orange man is a moderate?

You posed a very easy question to answer there Global

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sowhat View Post
    Agreed. I have met Protestant nationalists and plenty more who are neutral on the union with Britain but I have never met a catholic unionist and in the current climate with loyalist thugs rampaging the streets, I don`t think I ever will.

There are some on this board sir, but I think they reside in the ROI, not nice folk can I also add.

Politics.ie Member InsideImDancing's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    Now that the census has given everyone straws to spin how shall we weave the web? While i may play the little englunger in order to rise a few on here in realty i am a moderate PUL. I am delighted with the growth of those who identify themselves as Northern Irish it's how i identify myself (to anyone who asks including the census).
    Like it or not everyone in OWC has grown up in a unique situation which makes us neither truly British or Irish, and no amount of rhetoric from either 'side' can change that reality. So as we slowly crawl towards normalization i look forward to the far off day when there are no sides, just Northern Irish. Hurley on the Shankill and Lambegs on the Falls...
    Dia agus Uladh
    Unfortunately mate, I think something better will have to be done with the constitutional situation before that will ever happen. We have to go halfers buddy.
    Police ombudsman Nula O'loan - We found collusion on a massive scale, murders, intimidation, directing terrorism, attempted murder, drug smuggling, the list of crimes is endless..

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeymac View Post
    There are some on this board sir, but I think they reside in the ROI, not nice folk can I also add.
    I think they would more aptly be called Partitionists who usually reside in FG..a possible merger candidate for the DUP after the next census when the jig`s up

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast