Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dicey Reilly telling porky pies?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Dicey Reilly telling porky pies?

Responding to an article in yesterday’s Irish Times which said the deal would be worth less than half the €400 million headline amount announced in October, the spokesman said Dr Reilly had never claimed it would produce this level of savings.

Direct from the Dept. of Health's website press release on the 15th October, 2012

New drug deal worth €400 million over three years says Minister Reilly

"The Minister for Health Dr James Reilly has today (15th October, 2012) announced that intensive negotiations involving the Irish Pharmaceutical Healthcare Association (IPHA), the HSE and the Department of Health have reached a successful conclusion with a major new deal on the cost of drugs in the State. The deal is an important step in reducing the cost base of the health system. The new deal, with a value in excess of €400 million over the next three years."

The Journal reported the following back October 2012

"Reilly claims the new deal will save the State more than €400 million over the next three years, representing “an important step in reducing the cost base of the health system”.

The IT reported the following back in October 2012

"A deal to cut the State’s drugs bill by up to €400 million over the next three years has been reached, the Department of Health has said."

Today's IT
    "The recent deal between the Department of Health and manufacturers will cut the cost of drugs to the State by about €190 million, Minister for Health James Reilly clarified yesterday. While the deal was worth €400 million, the Government had decided to make a significant reinvestment in cutting-edge drugs for patients costing €70 million a year over three years, a spokesman for Dr Reilly said."

"At the time of the deal with the Irish Pharmaceutical Healthcare Association, Dr Reilly said it had a value of over €400 million over three years."

So it was worth €400 million but he decided to give €210 million back to the drug companies after he and Enda had a chat with the drug companies? No press release about this €210 million "significant reinvestment" at the time and one has to wonder why?

I suppose some would call this 'spinning' i.e. "The action or process of converting fibers into thread or yarn."

Yarn = "Tell a long or implausible story" in other words untruths or lies.

Why are taxpayers paying a Minister and his advisors to tell them lies?

FG's new politics = fail!

Kenny and Reilly met major drug firm chiefs - The Irish Times - Tue, Dec 11, 2012

New drug deal worth

Minister Reilly announces ‘landmark’ €400 million drug deal
    Last edited by Grey Area; 11th December 2012 at 08:06 AM.
    “That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are people really that foolish,Sure nobody with an ounce of intelligence gives any heed

to those two now, You have to go on a persons record.

Personally, i would not believe one word they say now,

Sad to say, It is not my fault, It is based on their own record.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is a picture being painted...

Tie in the above with the story about MNCs lobbying Kenny not to increase the USC rate in a way that would have impacted executive pay.

What other deals have been struck or are in the works and who benefits?

Corporatism over the citizen - FG need to rebrand!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's about time all Ministers diaries were made public in a meaningful way i.e. a weekly update of all meetings to be posted on the Dept.'s website no more than one week in arrears. Who could argue against this?
    Last edited by Grey Area; 11th December 2012 at 08:29 AM.
    “That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Riley is a gangster in my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Area View Post
    It's about time all Ministers diaries were made public in a meaningful way i.e. a weekly update of all meetings to be posted on the Dept.'s website no more than one week in arrears. Who could argue against this?
    Ministers

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by daveL View Post
    Ministers
    ?

Including the Taoiseach is a given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

?

Including the Taoiseach is a given.
    Ministers would argue. Ergo you can forget about it. They wouldn't allow any such legislation or practice.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by daveL View Post
    Ministers would argue. Ergo you can forget about it. They wouldn't allow any such legislation or practice.
    Why not they are our employees?

I had so many people using company vehicles at one stage I had to install sat tracking in all of them. No-one objected and I could tell exactly where the vehicles where in realtime (a one minute delay) it's all perfectly legal. I had sales reps provide me with reports on they're daily meetings on a weekly basis. All legitimate business rationale. So why should Cabinet members be exempt? A weeks delay in reporting same solves any security issues. IMO there is no excuse!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why not they are our employees?

I had so many people using company vehicles at one stage I had to install sat tracking in all of them. No-one objected and I could tell exactly where the vehicles where in realtime (a one minute delay) it's all perfectly legal. I had sales reps provide me with reports on they're daily meetings on a weekly basis. All legitimate business rationale. So why should Cabinet members be exempt? A weeks delay in reporting same solves any security issues. IMO there is no excuse!
    They are not our employees though are they

Anyway, this is going off track

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast