Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF? Has Enda Kenny turned Bertie?

Default WTF? Has Enda Kenny turned Bertie?

Humerous piece by Fintan O'Toole in Tuesday's (11 December 2012) Irish Times, in which he transcribes, in part, an interview given by Enda Kenny on the night of the budget last week.

From the article:

“What we are at here is continuing the process of moving the country forward towards, em, economic development where we continue to be competitive, where we continue to be attractive for investment from abroad, where we make no, em, make no, em, em, no, em, complaint about putting real progress in the small- and medium-enterprise sector, which is the lifeblood of our economy and which will deal effectively with all the hundreds of thousands of hard-pressed families and their children, which will, which will be in the interest of guaranteeing their economic security for the future...” (Only textspeak is adequate: WTF?)
    The point is that much of what the Taoiseach had to say was inarticulate drivel and all of it was waffle.
    He was half speak-your-weight machine, half Alan Partridge.
    Kenny's dead words fail to convince - The Irish Times - Tue, Dec 11, 2012

This reads like a Bertie Ahern answer, without the deese, dose and dems, but is almost as meaningless and incomprehensible.

Do we need leaders in this country who actually seem to have a message to deliver to us which they believe in? Or is it ok for us to have a leader who tries to fit as many buzz words or talking points into an interview as possible, while often not answering the question asked of them?

Gene Kerrigan wrote on a similar theme in Sunday's Sindo.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/co...s-3319726.html

Is it inevitable that once in the role of Taoiseach, this happens?

I have no money, but I love my life.

What do you expect from a bunch of chancers?

Equate them with the applicant that lies on their CV to get the job. Kenny has no idea what he's doing. He doesn't even know how we got into this mess to begin with and how we can avoid it in the future. All he wants is the money he feels he's entitled to for sitting so long across the Dail.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was always told there was no such thing as a dumb question so here goes..why is Kenny taoiseach? He is pretty much the opposite to a leader. Incredibly spineless, and so on..was it because he got Reilly and co on his side when bruton tried to oust him..baffles the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    I was always told there was no such thing as a dumb question so here goes..why is Kenny taoiseach? He is pretty much the opposite to a leader. Incredibly spineless, and so on..was it because he got Reilly and co on his side when bruton tried to oust him..baffles the mind.
    I have no money, but I love my life.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    Ah fair play to big Phil, he must have great insight seeing something in Dougal that nobody else could

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Ah fair play to big Phil, he must have great insight seeing
    something in Dougal that nobody else could
    He saw his ministerial destiny in him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I read both pieces and thought they were worthy of comment as the moment the plain people of Ireland (and the latte and brioche consuming classes) saw the curtain pulled back Wizard of Oz style.
    Then again is anyone really suprised? Did anyone hitherto think Kenny was anyway intelligent? Our political class and other "elites" aren't very good by international standards. Just well remunerated. They aren't original thinkers or leaders (even O'Leary just bastardised / made nasty South West Airlines business model), really just the advantaged children of a self perpetuating group. Why doesn't some local leader, perhaps a bright young surgeon or economist, stand against Kenny in Mayo? Because Kenny (who became an NT when "pull" really mattered has a local political machine and politics in Ireland is about supporting the team like its an underage GAA team.
    We do have good people who do rise in their chosen careers based on merit. They are called emigrants / the diaspora.

Official Ireland's answer to them?
    Now next year feck off and leave an auld fiver in Baldy and Vlad's bucket on your way.
    "Keep firing & don't stop until I tell you" General Tom Barry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boy M5 View Post
    I read both pieces and thought they were worthy of comment as the moment the plain people of Ireland (and the latte and brioche consuming classes) saw the curtain pulled back Wizard of Oz style.
    Then again is anyone really suprised? Our political class and other "elites" aren't very good by international standards. Just well remunerated. They aren't original thinkers or leaders (even O'Leary just bastardised / made nasty South West Airlines business model), really just the advantaged children of a self perpetuating group. Why doesn't some local leader, perhaps a bright young surgeon or economist, stand against Kenny in Mayo? Because Kenny has a local political machine and politics in Ireland is about supporting the team like its an underage GAA team.
    We do have good people who do rise in their chosen careers based on merit. They are called emigrants / the diaspora.

Official Ireland's answer to them?
    Now next year feck off and leave an auld fiver in Baldy and Vlad's bucket on your way.
    Would have 100% agreed were it not for the wholly unnecessary inclusion of Michael O Leary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is this the same FOT who along with Dunphy and others funked it at last election ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Enda Nice but Dim. He's far from dumb...but even further from being a leader.

For me, up there with Cowen as one of the worst taoiseach I can remember.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast