Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Science Deniers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Science Deniers

I used this as an example in another thread. It's not a joke, it's from a real book. Noe just a real book, but a book put out by a conservative group that publishes books that 'dispel' the 'lies' of science.

Worst part, they not only have traction in America, they are supported by many GOP members and other conservatives.

Here is a link to the actual book. You can check out some of the other titles by the same author and publishing group.

Dinosaurs of Eden: Tracing the Mystery Through History: Ken Ham, Earl Snellenberger, Bonnie Snellenberger: 9780890513408: Amazon.com: Books

This would be funny if it were not deadly serious and supported by a large chunk of America.

Can we start calling these people 'science-deniers'? I mean, clearly that's what they are sure.

All part of the standard creationist twaddle. Some of them think the Great Flood made the Grand Canyon. It's looney religious stuff, nothing will change their minds.
    Redacted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's mad stuff. Everyone knows there's no such thing as "dinosaurs".
    I care about all sorts of crap.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post

I used this as an example in another thread. It's not a joke, it's from a real book. Noe just a real book, but a book put out by a conservative group that publishes books that 'dispel' the 'lies' of science.

Worst part, they not only have traction in America, they are supported by many GOP members and other conservatives.

Here is a link to the actual book. You can check out some of the other titles by the same author and publishing group.

Dinosaurs of Eden: Tracing the Mystery Through History: Ken Ham, Earl Snellenberger, Bonnie Snellenberger: 9780890513408: Amazon.com: Books

This would be funny if it were not deadly serious and supported by a large chunk of America.

Can we start calling these people 'science-deniers'? I mean, clearly that's what they are sure.
    Looks like a party political manifesto from circa 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LDF View Post
    That's mad stuff. Everyone knows there's no such thing as "dinosaurs".
    Wrong wrong wrong....watch this :

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Believed mostly by US Redneck bible thumpers and some of the DUP and most of the Free Presbyterians. Not too sure if the Flat Earth Society are all on board though.
    War doesn't work. Give peace a chance.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olli rehn View Post
    Wrong wrong wrong....watch this :
    Ask David Icke and his friends about those sneaky lizards...Why Children Love Dinosaurs... - David Icke's Official Forums

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"their incredible strength to turns lemons into delicious, fresh lemonade" Really?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post

I opened a thread on this before and got attacked by every science denier on the site, who emerged from whatever hole they had been hiding in. http://www.politics.ie/forum/educati...omenon-50.html

Science denial is real, and is present in

• climate change denial ("climate change is not happening")
    • vaccination denial (the "vaccination causes autism" thing, putting kids' lives at risk)
    • AIDS-HIV denial (e.g. Thabo Mbeki in South Africa refused retroviral drugs to AIDS patients)
    • Every loony conspiracy theory demands rejection of scientific evidence in some form (e.g. the Apollo landings were faked)

As I explained, the denier clings to a personal belief or ideology that it would cause distress or "dissonance" if one had to give it up e.g. free market ideology in the case of climate change deniers, clearly religious faith in the case of an "evolution denier".

http://www.politics.ie/forum/educati...omenon-50.html

It is easy to reject Creationists & Holocaust Deniers (but you need lots of energy), lesseasy to expend the energy to find out more about the others. You will be surprised how many faux-science "experts" there are out there.
    "A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence" - David Hume

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by owedtojoy View Post
    I open a thread on this before and got attacked by every science denier on the site, who emerged from whatever hole they had been hiding in. http://www.politics.ie/forum/educati...omenon-50.html

Science denial is real, and is present in

• climate change denial ("climate change is not happening")
    • vaccination denial (the "vaccination causes autism" thing, putting kids' lives at risk)
    • AIDS-HIV denial (e.g. Thabo Mbeki in South Africa refused retrovirial drugs)
    • Every loony conspiracy theory demands rejection of scientific evidence in some form (e.g. the Apollo landings were faked)

As I explained, the denier clings to a personal belief or ideology that it would cause distress or "dissonance" if one had to give it up e.g. free market ideology in the case of a climate change deniers, clearly religious faith in the case of an "evolution denier".

http://www.politics.ie/forum/educati...omenon-50.html

It is easy to reject Creationists & Holocaust Deniers (but you need lots of energy), lesseasy to expend the energy to find out more about the others. You will be surprised how many faux-science "experts" there are out there.
    Ah jaysus Owed...keep it light

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast