Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Status Quo In The UK City Of Culture

Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Status Quo In The UK City Of Culture

Tickets go on sale today for a massive concert to be headlined by rock legends Status Quo next year in Londonderry.

Read more: Status Quo top Derry Culture show bill - News, Music & Gigs - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

methinks it's rather apt...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So U2 were too busy saving another under privileged gaff then, and couldn't make it?

Rocking all over da weans.
    War doesn't work. Give peace a chance.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fond memories of Derry and its people. Some great traditional Irish music comes from that part of the country.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    Tickets go on sale today for a massive concert to be headlined by rock legends Status Quo next year in Londonderry.

Read more: Status Quo top Derry Culture show bill - News, Music & Gigs - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

methinks it's rather apt...
    The has been talk of the original/classic lineup with Lancaster and Coughlan reuniting for a tour next year, which might make it worthwhile in the novelty stakes. Otherwise, there's nothing to see.
    Status Quo have been on a downhill slide since about 1972.
    At some point the gloves must come off and we face our adversaries.
    We're all Rhodesians now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I actually remember Francis Rossi living in Ireland in the late 70's/early 80's. I remember several political leaning interviews in Hot Press and other music papers at the time. He seemed to have a big interest in Irish politics.

Apart from Rory Gallagher, Status Quo were the only other "big name" act who toured the north during the peak of the Troubles' 71-75.

Whatever about the music, they always had my respect for that.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jesus, they must be pushing 70 now and most kids won't even know them.
    Sh#t choice in my opinion.
    May as well have called The Grumbleweeds.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ye, great band.

Really pissed me off though that they were not part of the Live 8.

I remember Geldof being asked on the Jonathan Ross show at the time why weren't they involved considering they kicked off the original Live aid concert.

Anyone know why by the way? Was Geldof afraid of having actual likeable musicians or something?

Politics.ie Member former wesleyan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No Undertones reunion then ??
    "What Michael Collins accepted in '22,De Valera accepted in'27 and Gerry Adams accepted in '98.Sooner or later they all come around to accepting the Treaty"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Status Quo have a few good rocking songs alright, but I don't think most people in Doire Cholmcille will be getting too excited about the prospect of a Status Quo concert.
    Fleadh Ceoil na hÉireann and the Other Voices line-up of concerts have a lot more potential for providing some good tunes than the Quo, to be honest.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There has never been a better time to be proud of being Irish with Derry UK City of Culture 2013 quickly approaching. The North has produced so much talent in recent years including Hollywood star Damian McGinty who won a role in the hit Fox TV series Glee after competing in a US reality show.

2012 has been a rewarding year for Derry contestants on shows such as Big Brother, The Voice and Britain's Got Talent. Singing sensation Ben Kelly entertained millions in The Voice. Conor McIntyre walked away from the BB house with £50k. Paul Curran demonstrated acting skills in situations created for BGT.

Meanwhile Derry’s Jason Smyth became the world’s fastest Paralympian after taking part in the Paralympics last summer. Let’s show the world the talent Derry has to offer!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast