By any stretch of the imagination this is an astonishing attack on the Labour Ministers by a member of their own party, Senator John Whelan, in response to yet another regressive budget.
1. Will he face disciplinary action?
2. As a senator he cant vote for or against the budget, so he is reflecting the views of labour TDs who don't have the same freedom of expression?
3. Will Labour make the same mistake as FF in the last election ie letting senior ministers retire without facing the electorate which had a devastating effect on the morale of party workers?
4. Is ageism acceptable in politics?
5. Apart from being one himself, why did Gilmore pick such an old team (eg compare with FG cabinet members)?
6. One assumes that Michael Noonan will step down after the bailout ends next year*, should Gilmore promote a fresher team then of should he do it sooner?
Broken vows: Gilmore in trouble as TDs rebel over Budget - National News - Independent.ie
*two assumptions which may not come to pass.