Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 60 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Rabbitte: "Gov. wont pay PN in March" = more Kite flying?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Rabbitte: "Gov. wont pay PN in March" = more Kite flying?

So i here Rabbitte on the week in politics programme that the gov. will not be paying the PN next March.

Now, we have been here before, the fiscal treaty was supposedly only palitable only if we got a bank debt deal.

Then there was the June statement heralded by Gilmore and Kenny as some sort of "monumental achievement"

Then we were told that we would have a deal by October.

Then Noonan said a deal before the budget would be helpful.

Now today we have Rabbitte stating the above. but as with all this spoofery here is Rabbittes get out clause

He said the European Central Bank was a difficult institution to "bring around" to stamping the deal Ireland needs on the promissory note.

But Minister Rabbitte said he believes it will happen before the payment is due next March.
    Govt do not intend to pay promissory note in March - RTÉ News
    Last edited by SKELLY; 9th December 2012 at 07:35 PM.

Politics.ie Member southwestkerry's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What civil servant told him to say that I must wounder?
    SWK
    PS is their a big band due some day soon... are they trying to soften us up for something... your getting paranoid swk.
    A ship at harbour is safe but that is not what ships were built for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SKELLY View Post
    So i heard Rabbitte on the News at one say that the gov. will not be paying the PN next March.

Now, we have been here before, the fiscal treaty was supposedly only palitable only if we got a bank debt deal.

Then there was the June statement heralded by Gilmore and Kenny as some sort of "monumental achievement"

Now today we have Rabbitte stating the above. but as with all this spoofery here is Rabbittes get out clause

Yeah.... they'll defer it like the last one and claim it as an outstanding success.

MrFunkyBoogaloo

So i heard Rabbitte on the News at one say that the gov. will not be paying the PN next March.

DELUDED as ever.

Rabbitte is seriously caught in the EU head-lights (and has been for a while).

What Honohan just said is that Anglo Irish Bank will pay every little cent of the promissory notes guaranteed but they might need a bit more time. Time means it will be even more expensive, Rabbitte should choose his words very carefully here.

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Communications Minister Pat Rabbitte has said that the country will not pay the €3.1bn promissory note for former Anglo Irish Bank when it is due in March.
    Gauntlet?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just wait for the host of interpretations and the political double speak around this.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No offence to the OP, but Sync has canned the wrong thread.

The other thread was started at 5.11 and this thread at 5.12.

Usless mods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bull - fuckin'- shít from Rabbitte.

Of course they're gonna pay the fuckin thing. Spineless pension collecting gombeens.

Maybe there are people out there who still believe this kind of crap, but I'm not one of them, thank fuck.
    'I am not gay, although I wish I were, just to piss off homophobes.' - Kurt Cobain

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

We believe you Pat....
    Real News.

Page 1 of 60 123451151 ... LastLast