Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Five Top Level Civil Servants Oppose Real Reform Of Public Sector And Block Full Banking Inquiry

Default Five Top Level Civil Servants Oppose Real Reform Of Public Sector And Block Full Banking Inquiry

John Dreenan reports today that the chairperson of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) John McGuinness claims that at least five top level civil servants oppose real reform of the public sector and block a full banking inquiry.

Watch honesty, integrity, impartiality, respect for the law, respect for persons, diligence, responsiveness and accountability in Ireland go down the tubes once again...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWhatIMeanLike View Post
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWhatIMeanLike View Post
    John Dreenan reports today that the chairperson of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) John McGuinness claims that at least five top level civil servants oppose real reform of the public sector and block a full banking inquiry.

Watch honesty, integrity, impartiality, respect for the law, respect for persons, diligence, responsiveness and accountability in Ireland go down the tubes once again...
    If John McGuinness told me that it was snowing heavily outside, I'd put on sunscreen.

And if John Drennan told me that John McGuinness had told him that it was snowing heavily outside, then I'd turn off my central heating and open my car's sunroof.

Caught between the moon and New York City
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Several top civil servants refused to cooperate with the various enquiries. A mature country would have arrested and jailed them for contempt at the very least. The odd thing is the only politician of recent time who kicked civil service butt was the Squire Haughey.
    Once a few top civil servants were done under CAB etc, the rest would quickly fold. Their strength is an illusion, depending as it ultimately does on Red coat type strong arm thuggery.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    If John McGuinness told me that it was snowing heavily outside, I'd put on sunscreen.

And if John Drennan told me that John McGuinness had told him that it was snowing heavily outside, then I'd turn off my central heating and open my car's sunroof.

Quote Originally Posted by mary_queen_of_the_gael View Post
    Several top civil servants refused to cooperate with the various enquiries. A mature country would have arrested and jailed them for contempt at the very least. The odd thing is the only politician of recent time who kicked civil service butt was the Squire Haughey.
    Once a few top civil servants were done under CAB etc, the rest would quickly fold. Their strength is an illusion, depending as it ultimately does on Red coat type strong arm thuggery.
    McGuinness should name the five top level civil servants he is blaming for obstructing the investigation. Next, they should be fired.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is all part of McGuinness' and the Indo's campaign to absolve FF for the state of the country and put it on "top" civil servants.

http://www.politics.ie/forum/current...cguinness.html

FF politicians allegedly couldn't control their civil servants but had absolutely no qualms about taking the money.

McGuinness is a spoofer. And we all know what Drennan and the Indo are.

MrFunkyBoogaloo

They wouldn't be the five civil servants on the EMC, would they?

Quote Originally Posted by dresden8 View Post
    This is all part of McGuinness' and the Indo's campaign to absolve FF for the state of the country and put it on "top" civil servants.

http://www.politics.ie/forum/current...cguinness.html

FF politicians allegedly couldn't control their civil servants but had absolutely no qualms about taking the money.

McGuinness is a spoofer. And we all know what Drennan and the Indo are.
    so what's the logic here? FF blames civil servants, civil servants can't defend themselves publicly and get a bad reputation? John McGuinness certainly has a tainted allegiance here and should not lead this investigation but the banking investigation needs to get going.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast