Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gardai called to lone carer with placard, a new low.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Gardai called to lone carer with placard, a new low.

E-mail sent to Michael McCarthy (Lab)

"Dear Michael,
    as the constant assistance that my disabled son needs precluded me from attending the Carers Association picket outside the Daíl today I intended to make my own protest by having my photograph taken with a placard outside each of West Cork's three TD's constituency offices and posting these to the Carers Association Facebook page in support. On arriving at your Constituency Office a young women immediately came outside to ask she could help me. I replied that I was just taking a photograph. Her response was immediate....'This is private property, the Gards are on their way.' I left immediately and the Gardai, heading for your office with a number of Gardai in the car, did pass us as we left.
    As you well know, I am one lone parent Carer who provides constant care to a very severely autistic young man and....."

Source: Photos of Cork Feminista | Facebook

This Carer's life is hard enough without having to endure jackboot tactics from a 'young lady' short on compassion.
    A new low by our 'caring' elite.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For the record, a footpath is not private property.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Truth.ie View Post
    For the record, a footpath is not private property.
    And....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sad story but lets be honest this person will probably vote for SF/ULA thinking they will be different. FG?Lab did in when FF were in power.
    Feel sorry for the gardai as well, they are just doing their job.
    the weak in our society should be protected end of, not used to get voted for another party.
    All men dream: but not equally. -T. E. Lawrence

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriskavo View Post
    And....
    And....if he was standing outside the Constituency office, he wasn't on private property.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLion View Post
    sad story but lets be honest this person will probably vote for SF/ULA thinking they will be different. FG?Lab did in when FF were in power.
    Feel sorry for the gardai as well, they are just doing their job.
    the weak in our society should be protected end of, not used to get voted for another party.
    To be fair also, as someone who's swallowed his bile towards all the parties and voted for either FG or Labour (+ an occasional Independent) in GEs for many years now (I mean come on, FF have been openly criminal for at least 30 years - that far I would not go) I shall probably vote SF or ULA next time too.

We know from experience now how all the others will betray us: let's see how a new lot excuse it. You never know, they might do something useful by accident.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The arrogance of the treatment meted out to the weak just beggars belief.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsui2 View Post
    To be fair also, as someone who's swallowed his bile towards all the parties and voted for either FG or Labour (+ an occasional Independent) in GEs for many years now (I mean come on, FF have been openly criminal for at least 30 years - that far I would not go) I shall probably vote SF or ULA next time too.

We know from experience now how all the others will betray us: let's see how a new lot excuse it. You never know, they might do something useful by accident.
    the chances of those parasites doing something useful by accident is a drop in the ocean compared to the damage they will do.

I was watching that great soup opera Oireachtas report the other night and it showed the senators in up roar over the budget. FF guy attacking that Ivana bacik when (i think it was feargal quinn) got up and in essence said: "Jesus lads calm down the cameras are on and we don't want to give the people any excuse to get rid of us if there is ever a referendum on the senate" what he said was what politicians only care about. what people think of them, it's not doin the right thing it's getting voted in again. All we are to them are pencil ticks on ballot paper.

at 25:14 http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10093723/
    Last edited by BlackLion; 9th December 2012 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Link

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pippakin View Post
    The arrogance of the treatment meted out to the weak just beggars belief.
    not many disabled people out there so little votes. Like how the system benifits the old campared to the young. the whole bank debt being a great example, the people who will have to pay it, can't vote either too young or not born yet.

Politics.ie Member stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Now we have a political police.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast