Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Now confirmed, President Bartlet has FF blood in his veins

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Now confirmed, President Bartlet has FF blood in his veins

Martin Sheen, that lovely lovely man, that great Democrat, that marvelous President Bartlet of West Wing fame, confirmed tonight on the Late Late show that which we West Wing lovers always knew, he has indeed FF blood in his veins. Didn't you just know it.

He confirmed that his uncle Micheal Fieland from Borrisokane, Co. Tipperary was a leading figure in the IRA and fought on the anti treaty side, sound man Michael.

Interestingly on his Spanish fathers side his people fought against Franco’s fascist regime, although reading between the lines you could clearly see that the fight was really against blueshirtism and all that FG stood for at that time, that was my impression anyway and he certainly didn't deny it, despite not being asked, several times.

I hope this information was helpful to you.
    It might not be funny, but it certainly made me smile.

Welcome home Martin.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Bit silly blaming his ridiculous outlook on his genes, innit?
    "It is important therefore that I clarify to the House that in the first instance there are significant monies within Anglo-Irish to take the strain of loan losses arising over the next three or four years, before State support is engaged." Brian Lenihan 15/01/09

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 'orebel View Post
    Bit silly blaming his ridiculous outlook on his genes, innit?
    "his ridiculous outlook"?

I think not Sir, I think not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tonic View Post
    Martin Sheen, that lovely lovely man, that great Democrat, that marvelous President Bartlet of West Wing fame, confirmed tonight on the Late Late show that which we West Wing lovers always knew, he has indeed FF blood in his veins. Didn't you just know it.

He confirmed that his uncle Micheal Fieland from Borrisokane, Co. Tipperary was a leading figure in the IRA and fought on the anti treaty side, sound man Michael.

Interestingly on his Spanish fathers side his people fought against Franco’s fascist regime, although reading between the lines you could clearly see that the fight was really against blueshirtism and all that FG stood for at that time, that was my impression anyway and he certainly didn't deny it, despite not being asked, several times.

Welcome home Martin.
    Good to know that his lineage isn't from stock that sold Ireland down the river so that farmers could make a few quid selling beef to Britain, while murdering their own in a war they weren't prepared to have with the British.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome home Martin.
    I assume youll also share his endorsement of Michael d as president.

He said we were lucky to have him.

Shows the importance of a timely tweet.
    I believe that children are the future

Unless we stop them now.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome home Martin.
    The anti treaty side fought? That is news indeed. Thanks.

Politics.ie Member Marcos the black's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's not blood, that's snake oil.
    You'll never go broke appealing to the lowest common denominator.

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carlovian View Post
    I assume youll also share his endorsement of Michael d as president.

He said we were lucky to have him.

Shows the importance of a timely tweet.
    Nothing wrong with MickeyD that a good haircut couldn't fix.

He said nothing on the tweet, like SG he concentrated only on the positive. It would be my guess, admittedly only a guess, but that as he hasn't an underhanded bone in his body, he wouldn't have approved of the tweet.

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos the black View Post
    That's not blood, that's snake oil.
    Ah!, the bitter pill.

He's made of the right stuff, that's all we needed to know.

Politics.ie Royalty toxic avenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome home Martin.
    Sure so do I - both grandfathers founder members, one an IRA man both anti-British and anti-Treaty. I'm even distantly related to the Lenihans.

So FF blood doesn't necessarily mean much!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast