Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Late Late Farce!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Late Late Farce!

So I'm sitting here this evening watching the Late Late show and Jason Sherlock and his mate Li Ching are there rabbiting on about how racism is affecting their lives within their national sport.

Ok, so I am a red head and always have been pity the fool maybe says you BUT I was soooo angry sitting here this evening listening to these guys going on about how bad it is for the national sport that racism should be a part of the norm within banter. I have been slagged my entire young life about being a red head and have taken it on the chin BUT all of a sudden these 'men' come out and are welcomed onto our national talk show and given sympathy!! JOKE SHOP TV.

Does anyone out there agree with my annoyance or am I on a red headed rant?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Reported for being a ginge

(Just kidding)

Ramps

Quote Originally Posted by Old Irish View Post
    So I'm sitting here this evening watching the Late Late show and Jason Sherlock and his mate Li Ching are there rabbiting on about how racism is affecting their lives within their national sport.

Ok, so I am a red head and always have been pity the fool maybe says you BUT I was soooo angry sitting here this evening listening to these guys going on about how bad it is for the national sport that racism should be a part of the norm within banter. I have been slagged my entire young life about being a red head and have taken it on the chin BUT all of a sudden these 'men' come out and are welcomed onto our national talk show and given sympathy!! JOKE SHOP TV.

Banter? Ah, yes; the word that excuses a multitude of sins.

Liverpool fans sing about Manchester Utd players' dying in a plane crash...that's banter. Utd fans celebrate the deaths of 96 fans, fans who were crushed to death...that's banter. Fans throughout Europe, glorifying the Holocaust and denigrating Jews, Blacks, and Asians...that's banter.

WTF would anyone consider racist goading a form of 'banter'?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You are on a red headed rant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TommyO'Brien View Post
    You are on a red headed rant.
    Ok thank you but how so? It was kind of a trick question. Why do you deem it so?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ramps View Post
    Banter? Ah, yes; the word that excuses a multitude of sins.

Liverpool fans sing about Manchester Utd players' dying in a plane crash...that's banter. Utd fans celebrate the deaths of 96 fans, fans who were crushed to death...that's banter. Fans throughout Europe, glorifying the Holocaust and denigrating Jews, Blacks, and Asians...that's banter.

WTF would anyone consider racist goading a form of 'banter'?
    The age of politically correct touchiness is coming to an end.

Ramps

Quote Originally Posted by titmouse View Post
    The age of politically correct touchiness is coming to an end.
    Touchiness? Yeah, I remember those fans making fun of Gary linekar's child, who had just recovered from cancer. Political correctness gone mad to expect them not to shout such things.

What kind of human is only inhibited to sing about Heysel because of political correctness? Why would someone ever think of celebrating such a thing anyway? Sad basterds

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I partly agree - The Late Late is a farce.

Racism is only part of the problem. I'd even say it's not real Racism on the most part as in other players making rasict comments towards these guys is an angle to upset them rather than an act of superiority. It's not banter it's about getting an edge oer your opponent. Racism isn't the intent but more the tool.

Racism is International which is why it is focused on so much, as a red hed you're just an individual so no Late Late for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ramps View Post
    Touchiness? Yeah, I remember those fans making fun of Gary linekar's child, who had just recovered from cancer. Political correctness gone mad to expect them not to shout such things.

What kind of human is only inhibited to sing about Heysel because of political correctness? Why would someone ever think of celebrating such a thing anyway? Sad basterds
    Part of the game. Unfortunate but there you are.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast