Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 119 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Radio Prank goes very wrong, duped Nurse found dead, Suspected suicide

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Radio Prank goes very wrong, duped Nurse found dead, Suspected suicide

Breaking news that the nurse who was duped by an Australian radio station has died of a suspected suicide.

Nurse duped by Australian radio DJs dies in suspected suicide | News.com.au

"A NURSE at the private hospital that treated the Duchess of Cambridge has reportedly committed suicide, days after being duped by an Australian radio hoax.

Police said the death was "unexplained" and have launched an investigation, but "the death is not being treated as suspicious at this stage".

Is there potential for a criminal investigation?

I'm saddened at this news, as this seems like an extreme response to the situation.

How sad though, perhaps it will make media outlets take notice of what they allow for journalistic standards

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is terrible, personally I thought it was a harmless prank that didn't warrant all that attention.

Very sad news.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've always hated practical jokes. They seem to me to be the lowest form of humour and to appeal to those without an understanding of nuance or irony.

There is usually a cruelty and nastiness at the heart of them, and they tend to be the preferred humour of those who enjoy others' pain, upset or embarrassment.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Buddies View Post
    Breaking news that the nurse who was duped by an Australian radio station has died of a suspected suicide.

"A NURSE at the private hospital that treated the Duchess of Cambridge has reportedly committed suicide, days after being duped by an Australian radio hoax.

Police said the death was "unexplained" and have launched an investigation, but "the death is not being treated as suspicious at this stage".

I'm saddened at this news, as this seems like an extreme response to the situation.

How sad though, perhaps it will make media outlets take notice of what they allow for journalistic standards
    I read this here first and could not believe it. Absolute tragedy and am saddened that this poor woman took her own life and can not begin to understand what her family are going to have to endure. R.I.P.

Politics.ie Member TiredOfBeingTired's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gatsbygirl20 View Post
    I've always hated practical jokes. They seem to me to be the lowest form of humour and to appeal to those without an understanding of nuance or irony.

There is usually a cruelty and nastiness at the heart of them, and they tend to be the preferred humour of those who enjoy others' pain, upset or embarrassment.
    I think there is a high possibility that the nurse in question would be in serious difficulties with management over this hoax call.
    I also think that the Ozzie "comedians" would have known this.
    They did know but didnt care.
    Their "just a bit of fun", their ratings and their Christmas bonuses were more important.
    Sometimes there is very little between historical and hysterical. One passes for the other. In time, the former remains forever, the latter is quickly replaced...

There is no confirmation that this is suicide. The BBC news says that she was found dead.
    “The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.” - Friedrich A. Hayek

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Wonder if the hospital management bear any responsibility?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I saw a clip yesterday on the news of Charles laughing of the prank with the media in the Uk.
    Yet today a tragic incident as a result of such prank it woukd appear.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfBeingTired View Post
    I think there is a high possibility that the nurse in question would be in serious difficulties with management over this hoax call.
    I also think that the Ozzie "comedians" would have known this.
    They did know but didnt care.
    Their "just a bit of fun", their ratings and their Christmas bonuses were more important.
    I think that to become a DJ, you'd have to have a very low IQ.
    Disclosures Tribunal - #OnlyForTheTape...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It was the nurse on the switchboard - not the one who took the call
    So probably unrelated to the prank

Page 1 of 119 123451151101 ... LastLast