Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 216

Thread: Liveline post-Budget whinge in full flow

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member enby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,980
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Liveline post-Budget whinge in full flow

    Does the requirement of objectivity imposed by the Broadcasting Acts not apply to Liveline? We have had over half an hour of scaremongering and Govt bashing from DuFFy and his callers without any mention of the fact that the country is broke and is in hock to the Troika. Caller after caller is encouraged by DuFFy to attack the Govt with no restraint whatsoever.

    The report into the Front Line debacle may as well be binned if these are the standards of balance to be operated by the State broadcaster

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enby View Post
    Does the requirement of objectivity imposed by the Broadcasting Acts not apply to Liveline? We have had over half an hour of scaremongering and Govt bashing from DuFFy and his callers without any mention of the fact that the country is broke and is in hock to the Troika. Caller after caller is encouraged by DuFFy to attack the Govt with no restraint whatsoever.

    The report into the Front Line debacle may as well be binned if these are the standards of balance to be operated by the State broadcaster
    Diddums.

    People need to vent, just as you are doing now.
    I have no money, but I love my life.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member Crazy horse 6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tallaght
    Posts
    13,501
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    The country is not broke. Plenty of money out there. Problem is the government is protecting the people who have it at the expense of the poor and coping classes.

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,445
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    Diddums.

    People need to vent, just as you are doing now.
    a 20% cut in respite care would require a lot of venting.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere between Akureyri and Ushuaia
    Posts
    8,999
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Well I'd have hired the Polish lad, he probably wouldn't whinge as much.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,416
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Can anyone defend the cuts to carers, hike in fees to students and a flat tax to all (PRSI), given this context....?

    Ireland's pre-Budget 2013 arithmetic:

    Budget 2013 Cuts & Tax hikes = €3.5 billion
    IL&P (bust state-owned 'bank') bonds repayments January 2013 = €2.45 billion
    Promo Note (IBRC - toxic loans dump) repayment March 2013 = €3.1 billion
    Interest on Government debt: 2011 = €3.9 billion, 2012 = €5.7 billion, 2013 = €8.1 billion, 2012-2013 increase of €2.4 billion
    Adding things up: -€3.5 billion adjustment + €5.55 billion 'banks' wastage + €2.4 billion increase in Ireland financing for "our partners' help" = net €4.45 billion will be sucked out of this economy by pure policy psychosis.
    69% of the entire annual adjustment on fiscal side, even assuming it will be delivered in the end, will go to fund increases in Government debt servicing in 2013 compared to 2012. These funds will be largely remitted to Ireland's new 'best friends' - the Troika and Franklin Templeton funds.
    True Economics

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member enby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,980
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    Diddums.

    People need to vent, just as you are doing now.
    I have absolutely no problem with people venting especially when they are terrified by the implications of the Budget. My complaint is that RTE have abandoned all pretence of objectivity

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member b.a. baracus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Breaking out of a high security stockade
    Posts
    2,222
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Con Gallagher View Post
    Can anyone defend the cuts to carers, hike in fees to students and a flat tax to all (PRSI), given this context....?



    True Economics
    Without the burden of the banks (which is horrendous) we are still running mega deficits.
    I ain't gettin' on no plane

  9. #9

    Default

    why should there be restraint the government has decided that NO ONE EVER owned their house or never will.....dont be such a fckn poodle its unbecoming of a man
    i owe my allegiance only to the working class

  10. #10
    longshortgrass
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by And So I Said View Post
    a 20% cut in respite care would require a lot of venting.
    How did we manage when there was NO respite care?

    Cut CPA cost by 20% would restore level of services.

    Your call.....

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •