Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Real Politcs alert. Underpass for the York Street junction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Real Politcs alert. Underpass for the York Street junction.

Just heard it on the Radio Ulster news that at long long long last they are going to construct an underpass at the York St junction. Can this really mean that the M1 and M2 are finally going to come together? This is news of almost orgasmic significance for the hard pressed motorists who manfully try to get from one side of Belfast to the other. The only possible downside is the fact it will be quicker to get to Larne. But I'll just have to live with that. Roll on 2020.
    War doesn't work. Give peace a chance.

Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

'Real Politcs' there's no mileage in that...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

Politics.ie Member Global Justice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    'Real Politcs' there's no mileage in that...
    It doesn't surprise me that you responded with the above. Identity politics is unionist 'politics'. Fuk all care and outlook to inclusiveness, equality and economics.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Global Justice View Post
    It doesn't surprise me that you responded with the above. Identity politics is unionist 'politics'. Fuk all care and outlook to inclusiveness, equality and economics.
    my dear i was merely stating that there is no mileage in a road story...whoooosh...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

Politics.ie Member Global Justice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    my dear i was merely stating that there is no mileage in a road story...whoooosh...
    Blame my integrated education for this relapse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mackers View Post
    Just heard it on the Radio Ulster news that at long long long last they are going to construct an underpass at the York St junction. Can this really mean that the M1 and M2 are finally going to come together? This is news of almost orgasmic significance for the hard pressed motorists who manfully try to get from one side of Belfast to the other. The only possible downside is the fact it will be quicker to get to Larne. But I'll just have to live with that. Roll on 2020.
    Based on the new Westlink underpass, I look forward to swimming in this come 2020
    Ya wouldn't want to have seen t happening but if Eammon Mc Cann and Bernie Devlin conceived a child, ideologically, it would be me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just thought I would post a bit of possible good news. Always allowing for the chance that it might just end up being the road to nowhere. But then again I did mention Larne.

Politics.ie Member DavidCaldwell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am hoping to hear about a new dual carriageway to Bangor across the Holywood hills, but I fear it may be a long wait.
    An East Irish

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mackers View Post
    Just thought I would post a bit of possible good news. Always allowing for the chance that it might just end up being the road to nowhere. But then again I did mention Larne.
    i tried a none party political thread once, don't think it got past the first page...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidCaldwell View Post
    I am hoping to hear about a new dual carriageway to Bangor across the Holywood hills, but I fear it may be a long wait.
    Don't hold your breath. The Dakar rally has nothing on some of the roads in the Castlereagh Hills. I am pretty sure most of the best rally drivers that came from Ireland lived near those roads.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast