Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Eamonn Gilmore helping the REAL vulnerable in Ireland to-day?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Is Eamonn Gilmore helping the REAL vulnerable in Ireland to-day?

In my opinion NO.

There is a Labour Councillor in my town whom I admire and was definitely going to vote for her in the next local elections. However, after listening to media interviews of Eamonn Gilmore and other members of the Labour party in recent months there's not a snowballs chance in hell of me giving her a vote now.

As far as I can see the Labour party only cares for local authority tenants and the public sector workers of which I am neither.

There are 1,000's of people in Ireland to-day who are at the end of their tether due to financial pressure - are they not vulnerable?

I have two children, my advice to them will be to seek LA housing and vote Labour - then they'll be sorted for life.

I am not a defender of Labour, but I have to say, the shrills coming today from people who would never in a month of Sundays be Labour party voters, is incredible.

For example, Norah Casey was borderline verbally abusive to Brendan Howlin on the air this morning, in relation to cuts to services.

News flash: FG is the largest party in the State. FG voters knowingly voted for a party that preferred to cut services rather than raise taxes.

It seems to me that in this country, people are unable to join the dots between voting for a party that promises to make someone else pay for this mess (through cuts in services), and the reality that when those cuts come, they hit the vulnerable hardest.

If you aren't happy with Labour, then you actually have more reason to vote for them this morning, so that they can have a larger voice next time around.
    I have no money, but I love my life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    I am not a defender of Labour, but I have to say, the shrills coming today from people who would never in a month of Sundays be Labour party voters, is incredible.

For example, Norah Casey was borderline verbally abusive to Brendan Howlin on the air this morning, in relation to cuts to services.

News flash: FG is the largest party in the State. FG voters knowingly voted for a party that preferred to cut services rather than raise taxes.

It seems to me that in this country, people are unable to join the dots between voting for a party that promises to make someone else pay for this mess (through cuts in services), and the reality that when those cuts come, they hit the vulnerable hardest.

If you aren't happy with Labour, then you actually have more reason to vote for them this morning, so that they can have a larger voice next time around.
    That's what I thought until recently but now I've discovered they don't even know that low paid workers even exist. I'm not in one of their "vulnerable" groups!!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Labour should not have entered Government with a right wing party, simple as! It is the Labour leadership that wanted power so as to avail of the spoils. It is the Labour leadership that do not care about the Irish people or the Labour party.

Politics.ie Member NewGoldDream's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He's helping James Reilly, a vulnerable man man who is struggling with massive personal debt.

Quote Originally Posted by elliebee View Post
    That's what I thought until recently but now I've discovered they don't even know that low paid workers even exist. I'm not in one of their "vulnerable" groups!!
    FG was voted in power with close to a majority, so it gets to call the shots.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

FG was voted in power with close to a majority, so it gets to call the shots.
    I appreciate that but why can he not at least stop saying they have succeeded in helping the "vulnerable". If he'd at least admit to the fact that their bargaining power could only help a small minority of citizens I'd swallow it but the country is chuck full of "vulnerable" that he or his party completely fail to acknowledge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Labour are protecting the CPA, not the vunerable.

Maintaining the CPA is the sweetener that FG have given to Labour, because if they lose the public servants Labour are finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Number2 View Post
    Labour are protecting the CPA, not the vunerable.

Maintaining the CPA is the sweetener that FG have given to Labour, because if they lose the public servants Labour are finished.
    FG and Labour were both elected on platforms which included adhering to the CPA.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast