Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: Israel rejects UN call for nuclear transparency

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,232
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Israel rejects UN call for nuclear transparency

    Israel has rebuffed a UN call to adhere to the Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty (NPT) and open itself to international inspectors, calling the suggestion a "meaningless mechanical vote" of a body that “lost all its credibility regarding Israel.”

    ­In a 174-6 vote, the United Nations General Assembly demanded in a non-binding call that Tel Aviv join the NPT “without further delay," in an effort to create a legally binding nuclear-free Middle East.

    The UN body "has lost all its credibility regarding Israel with these types of routine votes that are ensured passage by an automatic majority and which single out Israel," Foreign Ministry spokesman Yigal Palmor was quoted by Jerusalem Post as saying.

    Israel rejects UN call for nuclear transparency — RT

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member seabhcan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    14,309
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    The UN is clearly in the wrong.

    How dare they suggest Israel should follow the same rules they demand of others.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member eskrimador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11,977
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Are we not meant to go in to and obliterate countries that won't show us their war toys?
    Ya wouldn't want to have seen t happening but if Eammon Mc Cann and Bernie Devlin conceived a child, ideologically, it would be me

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    This is Iraq all over again. American invasion imminent.

    Regards...dubya

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member ManOfReason's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    So Israel should adhere to an international treaty it never signed? That would set a terrible precedent for all countries.
    Clicking an ad a day keeps Politics.ie in business.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wexford
    Posts
    5,229
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seabhcan View Post
    The UN is clearly in the wrong.

    How dare they suggest Israel should follow the same rules they demand of others.
    You mean like North Korea, India, Pakistan?
    In August 2012 Hamas MP and Deputy Speaker Ahmad Bahr appeared on Hamas' Al-Aqsa TV and demanded all Muslims to annihilate the Jews.

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member The Herren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,848
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    It just occurred to me. When did muslims begin the practice of circumcision? Was the Holy Prophet himself skinned? If so, at what age? Were his parents Jews, if so yhey would probably have had his pecker peeled, I suppose. Anybody know?
    Ar scáth a chéile a mhaireann na daoine.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    26,763
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy4571 View Post
    You mean like North Korea, India, Pakistan?
    Iran.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,232
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Herren View Post
    It just occurred to me. When did muslims begin the practice of circumcision? Was the Holy Prophet himself skinned? If so, at what age? Were his parents Jews, if so yhey would probably have had his pecker peeled, I suppose. Anybody know?
    It just occurred to me. This has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread and is completely off topic. The thread is about Israels refusal to adhere to international law. Are zionists on here unable to debate the subject? if so, why? Theres this thing called fact that they seem to hate I suppose. Anybody know?

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wexford
    Posts
    5,229
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos the Jackal View Post
    It just occurred to me. This has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread and is completely off topic. The thread is about Israels refusal to adhere to international law. Are zionists on here unable to debate the subject? if so, why? Theres this thing called fact that they seem to hate I suppose. Anybody know?
    Which International Law is that you mean with regards to this?
    In August 2012 Hamas MP and Deputy Speaker Ahmad Bahr appeared on Hamas' Al-Aqsa TV and demanded all Muslims to annihilate the Jews.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •