Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Budget Welfare Cuts & changes 2013

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sol
    Posts
    3,969
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Budget Welfare Cuts & changes 2013

    Child Benefit rates will be €130 per month for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd child. (January 2013)

    Child Benefit rates will be €140 per month for the 4th and subsequent children as announced in Budget 2012. (January 2013)

    From the following year, the monthly rate in respect of the 4th and subsequent children will be €130. (January 2014)

    The Back to School Clothing and Footwear Allowance will reduce from €250 to €200 for children aged 12 years and over and from €150 to €100 for children aged 4-11 years. (2013)

    There will be 2,500 new JobBridge places. This will increase the number of places available to 8,500.

    There will be 2,500 new places on the Tús scheme. This will increase the number of places available to 7,500.

    There will be an additional 2,000 Community Employment scheme places available.

    There will be 3,000 new places in a Local Authority Social Employment Scheme.

    The value of the Telephone Allowance will be reduced. The new monthly rate of €9.50 will show as a credit on the customer’s bill or be paid as a cash allowance.

    The Electricity/Gas Allowance will be set at a single rate based on the average market rate across all suppliers currently available (for an unchanged 150 units per month). The new rate of €35 per month will show as a cash credit for those who receive a bill or be paid as a cash allowance.

    The annual Respite Care Grant will reduce from €1,700 to €1,375 for each care recipient.(2013)

    The employer rebate of statutory redundancy payments (currently 15%) will be discontinued. (January 2013)


    http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Topics/Budg.../budfact13.pdf

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sol
    Posts
    3,969
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Olympic Stadium
    Posts
    58,469
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Anyone going for a few pints before the price goes up 25cent ?

    WRONG THREAD APOLOGIES

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
    Child Benefit rates will be €130 per month for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd child. (January 2013)

    Child Benefit rates will be €140 per month for the 4th and subsequent children as announced in Budget 2012. (January 2013)

    From the following year, the monthly rate in respect of the 4th and subsequent children will be €130. (January 2014)

    The Back to School Clothing and Footwear Allowance will reduce from €250 to €200 for children aged 12 years and over and from €150 to €100 for children aged 4-11 years. (2013)

    There will be 2,500 new JobBridge places. This will increase the number of places available to 8,500.

    There will be 2,500 new places on the Tús scheme. This will increase the number of places available to 7,500.

    There will be an additional 2,000 Community Employment scheme places available.

    There will be 3,000 new places in a Local Authority Social Employment Scheme.

    The value of the Telephone Allowance will be reduced. The new monthly rate of €9.50 will show as a credit on the customer’s bill or be paid as a cash allowance.

    The Electricity/Gas Allowance will be set at a single rate based on the average market rate across all suppliers currently available (for an unchanged 150 units per month). The new rate of €35 per month will show as a cash credit for those who receive a bill or be paid as a cash allowance.

    The annual Respite Care Grant will reduce from €1,700 to €1,375 for each care recipient.(2013)

    The employer rebate of statutory redundancy payments (currently 15%) will be discontinued. (January 2013)


    http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Topics/Budg.../budfact13.pdf
    Carers caring for severely handicaped children will suffer with the cut to the respite grant!

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member southwestkerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,207
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
    Child Benefit rates will be €130 per month for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd child. (January 2013)

    Child Benefit rates will be €140 per month for the 4th and subsequent children as announced in Budget 2012. (January 2013)

    From the following year, the monthly rate in respect of the 4th and subsequent children will be €130. (January 2014)

    The Back to School Clothing and Footwear Allowance will reduce from €250 to €200 for children aged 12 years and over and from €150 to €100 for children aged 4-11 years. (2013)

    There will be 2,500 new JobBridge places. This will increase the number of places available to 8,500.

    There will be 2,500 new places on the Tús scheme. This will increase the number of places available to 7,500.

    There will be an additional 2,000 Community Employment scheme places available.

    There will be 3,000 new places in a Local Authority Social Employment Scheme.

    The value of the Telephone Allowance will be reduced. The new monthly rate of €9.50 will show as a credit on the customer’s bill or be paid as a cash allowance.

    The Electricity/Gas Allowance will be set at a single rate based on the average market rate across all suppliers currently available (for an unchanged 150 units per month). The new rate of €35 per month will show as a cash credit for those who receive a bill or be paid as a cash allowance.

    The annual Respite Care Grant will reduce from €1,700 to €1,375 for each care recipient.(2013)

    The employer rebate of statutory redundancy payments (currently 15%) will be discontinued. (January 2013)


    http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Topics/Budg.../budfact13.pdf
    The Respite care grant cut is the one I dislike most.
    The other cuts from what I can see are ok and to be expected.
    SWK
    A ship at harbour is safe but that is not what ships were built for.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by southwestkerry View Post
    The Respite care grant cut is the one I dislike most.
    The other cuts from what I can see are ok and to be expected.
    SWK
    Do parents caring for th emost severely handicaped children no longer need the same level of respite?

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    4,067
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Welfare spending is still excessive, the dole should have been slashed by 20%, the OAP by 25%, rent allowance by 40%.
    "War is never economically beneficial except for those in position to profit from war expenditures."-Ron Paul

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sol
    Posts
    3,969
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by True Republican View Post
    Welfare spending is still excessive, the dole should have been slashed by 20%, the OAP by 25%, rent allowance by 40%.
    Actually im shocked they didnt hit rent allowance.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    22,153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
    Child Benefit rates will be €130 per month for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd child. (January 2013)

    Child Benefit rates will be €140 per month for the 4th and subsequent children as announced in Budget 2012. (January 2013)

    From the following year, the monthly rate in respect of the 4th and subsequent children will be €130. (January 2014)

    The Back to School Clothing and Footwear Allowance will reduce from €250 to €200 for children aged 12 years and over and from €150 to €100 for children aged 4-11 years. (2013)

    There will be 2,500 new JobBridge places. This will increase the number of places available to 8,500.

    There will be 2,500 new places on the Tús scheme. This will increase the number of places available to 7,500.

    There will be an additional 2,000 Community Employment scheme places available.

    There will be 3,000 new places in a Local Authority Social Employment Scheme.

    The value of the Telephone Allowance will be reduced. The new monthly rate of €9.50 will show as a credit on the customer’s bill or be paid as a cash allowance.

    The Electricity/Gas Allowance will be set at a single rate based on the average market rate across all suppliers currently available (for an unchanged 150 units per month). The new rate of €35 per month will show as a cash credit for those who receive a bill or be paid as a cash allowance.

    The annual Respite Care Grant will reduce from €1,700 to €1,375 for each care recipient.(2013)

    The employer rebate of statutory redundancy payments (currently 15%) will be discontinued. (January 2013)


    http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Topics/Budg.../budfact13.pdf
    Nope. No way. Not a chance. Not on your nelly. No decrease. Wont happen. Your wrong. Your biased. Your misinformed. Why?

    CUZ LABOUR WON'T LET THS HAPPEN. THEY TOLD US SO!
    #3amigos

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Limerick
    Posts
    4,530
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by True Republican View Post
    Welfare spending is still excessive, the dole should have been slashed by 20%, the OAP by 25%, rent allowance by 40%.


    must be tough being you baldy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •