Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Eamon Kelly and the Official IRA

Default Eamon Kelly and the Official IRA

It seems notorious Dublin gangster Eamon Kelly was clipped last night, probably by the Real IRA. I was surprised to read today in the papers that he was once involved in bank robbing for the Sticky RA during the 1980's. Does that mean the likes of Eamon Gilmore and Pat Rabbitte's early election campaigns where funded using funds from this scumbag then?

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Irishman View Post
    It seems notorious Dublin gangster Eamon Kelly was clipped last night, probably by the Real IRA. I was surprised to read today in the papers that he was once involved in bank robbing for the Sticky RA during the 1980's. Does that mean the likes of Eamon Gilmore and Pat Rabbitte's early election campaigns where funded using funds from this scumbag then?
    maybe thats why he survived so long dont you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, there's no evidence of that.

But it is a constant source of amazement to me that the shady pasts of the Sticky elements in Labour are rarely if ever discussed by the media, particularly given the amount of muck that has been thrown at PSF (much of it deserved) down the years.

Although, given the amount of WP sympathisers who ended up in the broadcasting and newspaper business, perhaps the taboo isn't so surprising after all

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is lots of evidence for the OIRA funding the Workers Party election campaigns. That is what the money was for. Now, who was elected to Leinster House for the Workers Party? They were at 'family' meetings that included the WP Ard Comhairle and the Army Council of 'Group B' - the sticky 'RA. Indeed at least one of them who deserted to Labour was a member of both the Army Council and the Ard Comhairle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by borntorum View Post
    Well, there's no evidence of that.

But it is a constant source of amazement to me that the shady pasts of the Sticky elements in Labour are rarely if ever discussed by the media, particularly given the amount of muck that has been thrown at PSF (much of it deserved) down the years.

Although, given the amount of WP sympathisers who ended up in the broadcasting and newspaper business, perhaps the taboo isn't so surprising after all
    So breathlessly anxious was the reporter on RTE to spin off the 'feud is about protection money' angle, that you would think the 'secret cumann' was never woundup. It was almost as if Kelly , the ex-Stickie , was a Goodie, some kind of victim. I have no time for Alan Ryan and his likes , but that doesn't mean you have to believe every bit of rubbish from the Garda Press Office. Repeating Garda Press Office spin is not the function of a reporter, even in the discredited 'crime reporting' field. Remember Hillsborough.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well leftsoc, some of RTE's most prominent reporters were once members of the same organisation as Kelly. Give them space to grieve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Coincidentally I saw Pronsias de Rossa walking down Parliament St in Dublin yesterday. He looked...pensive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Irishman View Post
    That'll be filed away as: ".. some of our colleagues even allowed their enthusiasm to run head of their better judgement."
    McTell tCurrently, I am missing certain information. That has been requested and will be added as soon as it is available available availableavailable

Politics.ie Member diaspora-mick's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by borntorum View Post
    Coincidentally I saw Pronsias de Rossa walking down Parliament St in Dublin yesterday. He looked...pensive
    Careful now ... I hear that he had a successful excursion to the Four Goldmines in the past ...

Proinsias De Rossa
    De Rossa libel award

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diaspora-mick View Post
    Careful now ... I hear that he had a successful excursion to the Four Goldmines in the past ...

Proinsias De Rossa
    De Rossa libel award
    Ah Im not suggesting anything like that, just remarking on the fact that one of his erstwhile comrades had so sadly lost his life

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast