Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: In a decade Ireland slips from 18th to 25th least corrupt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default In a decade Ireland slips from 18th to 25th least corrupt

So has some years of recession and a change of government changed corruption here? Not according to the good folks at Transparency.org, we are 25th from the top, just ahead of Qatar, equal with Austria and just below St Lucia and France:
    2012 Corruption Perceptions Index -- Results

Back in 2001 under the management of the Blessed Bertie we came in at 18th (see p 232):
    Global Corruption Report 2001

The winners - Finland, New Zealand, Denmark etc. - are small open knowledge economies just like Ireland. So why aren't we up with them?
    McTell tCurrently, I am missing certain information. That has been requested and will be added as soon as it is available available availableavailable

Politics.ie Member The Field Marshal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That Ireland has become more corrupt is obvious to anybody watching the conduct of its govt who are stealing money from private pension funds.

In addition the state owned broadcastor RTE pumps out libels against people it dislikes and runs programmes to deliberately undermine the democratic voting process.

A truly corrupt and rotten little country where a decadent political elite abuse their position and steal daily from the citizen
    Last edited by The Field Marshal; 5th December 2012 at 05:15 PM.
    Repeal the thirty-fourth amendment of the Irish constitution :
    Children have a basic right to be reared by a mother and a father.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

/MOD/ There's a thread on this here: http://www.politics.ie/forum/politic...s-2-years.html /MOD/
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.