Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 93

Thread: Tax increases don't work - End November Exchequer Statement

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member bormotello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,051
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Tax increases don't work - End November Exchequer Statement

    Despite all tax increases and creative accounting, such as PRSI reclassification, income tax take continue to fall - -1.6% or 231 m so far
    http://finance.gov.ie/documents/exch...analtaxnov.pdf
    For how long government is going to pretend that redistribution instead of creation will save country?
    “Every country has the government it deserves.”
    Joseph De Maistre

  2. #2
    Ramps
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bormotello View Post
    Despite all tax increases and creative accounting, such as PRSI reclassification, income tax take continue to fall - -1.6% or 231 m so far
    http://finance.gov.ie/documents/exch...analtaxnov.pdf
    For how long government is going to pretend that redistribution instead of creation will save country?
    For as long as most people, voters, are almost completely ignorant of how wealth is created.
    As long as a majority of people think govts.' activity creates wealth, taxes will go up and up.

    Depressing really.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,421
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bormotello View Post
    Despite all tax increases and creative accounting, such as PRSI reclassification, income tax take continue to fall - -1.6% or 231 m so far
    http://finance.gov.ie/documents/exch...analtaxnov.pdf
    For how long government is going to pretend that redistribution instead of creation will save country?
    I have been at pains here trying to tell people on here and boards.ie that income tax is past the point of diminishing returns and up until now I have had no actual figure or proof, as I was going by gut and just seeing how the black economy is thriving, but this is very worrying and yet the gobdohs will once again tax more.
    They raise the tax on smokes what happens black market ciggies are bigger than ever
    They raise the tax on petrol what happens black markte petrol is being sold more and more
    They raise the tax on work what happens people get a pain in the hole paying tax and go to the black economy.

    People say that the OAPs , PS and other such groups know how to protest. Well Mr Kenny keep taxing either direct or indirect and watch middle income Ireland succumb to the Black Economy, not only does this save these people money it also throws a spanner in the works for the gov protecting themselves and their elite buddies.

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    8,543
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iball123 View Post
    I have been at pains here trying to tell people on here and boards.ie that income tax is past the point of diminishing returns and up until now I have had no actual figure or proof, as I was going by gut and just seeing how the black economy is thriving, but this is very worrying and yet the gobdohs will once again tax more.
    They raise the tax on smokes what happens black market ciggies are bigger than ever
    They raise the tax on petrol what happens black markte petrol is being sold more and more
    They raise the tax on work what happens people get a pain in the hole paying tax and go to the black economy.

    People say that the OAPs , PS and other such groups know how to protest. Well Mr Kenny keep taxing either direct or indirect and watch middle income Ireland succumb to the Black Economy, not only does this save these people money it also throws a spanner in the works for the gov protecting themselves and their elite buddies.
    They raise VAT what happens they gain more income from VAT.
    "Give us the future, we've had enough of YOUR past, Give us back our country, to live in, to grow in and to love..."

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member bormotello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,051
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iball123 View Post
    I have been at pains here trying to tell people on here and boards.ie that income tax is past the point of diminishing returns and up until now I have had no actual figure or proof, as I was going by gut and just seeing how the black economy is thriving, but this is very worrying and yet the gobdohs will once again tax more.
    Some figures from UK
    The number of people declaring incomes of more than £1m slumped from 16,000 to 6,000 after Gordon Brown introduced the new tax rules in 2010
    The amount of tax paid by top earners fell from £13.4billion to £6.5billion as a result

    Read more: Millionaires' exodus: Two thirds of Britain's top earners 'deserted the UK' after 50p top tax rate was introduced | Mail Online
    “Every country has the government it deserves.”
    Joseph De Maistre

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member gerhard dengler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    47,435
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Politics.ie moderators should moderate instead.
    Welcome to Political Irish | Political Irish

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,421
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    They raise VAT what happens they gain more income from VAT.
    That is true Rocky, the problem with your analogy there is for the majority of items that we pay VAT on there is no Black Market equivalent, and if there is its being used. I see people doing jobs such as Attic conversions off the books, Taxi Men not turning the meter on, xmas decorations and toys that have fallen off the back of a trolly. Last year the gov estimate the Black Economy is costing 20 billion a year , I would hazard a guess that it is substantially more and this budget will push people towards the black economy. If they decide to keep taxing and not bother tackling the 3 Big fluffy pink elephants in the room which are PS pay and pensions, social welfare and the banks, then I have no qualms with anyone going to the black economy.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,952
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bormotello View Post
    For how long government is going to pretend that redistribution instead of creation will save country?
    Its chronically frustrating that this penny won't drop.

    In a recession, the State should allow those who can create wealth to do so.

    Talk about biting the hand that feeds.
    A demagogue is someone who will preach doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    For those too busy to carefully study the table in post six: the income tax take from 2011 and 2012 is significantly above the tiger-period average of 2002-2007.

    For those too busy to read the above sentence: the OP is a lie and 180 degrees contrary to reality.

    Meaning it is a perfect post for P.ie. I'm sure the owner of the site is dead proud.
    When you see the words "Mises" or "Hayek" in someone's post, just ask yourself: do I really want to ban paper money and go back to gold?

    You have to pity the kind of people who buy into conspiracy theories. I find the following to be the saddest words on the internet: "Re: connection between Bilderberg puppet lady gaga and viral outbreak in ukraine "

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goosebump View Post
    Its chronically frustrating that this penny won't drop.

    In a recession, the State should allow those who can create wealth to do so.

    Talk about biting the hand that feeds.
    Do you make any distinction between people who create added value and those who simply extract rents from people who are unable to get a better deal due to monopoly or oligopoly effects?
    When you see the words "Mises" or "Hayek" in someone's post, just ask yourself: do I really want to ban paper money and go back to gold?

    You have to pity the kind of people who buy into conspiracy theories. I find the following to be the saddest words on the internet: "Re: connection between Bilderberg puppet lady gaga and viral outbreak in ukraine "

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •