Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Don't do as I do but do as I tell you"

Default "Don't do as I do but do as I tell you"

This popular cant of the plebs on the sanctimonious hypocrisy of preachers telling them to lead virtuous lives, applies equally to RTE current affairs debates on austerity.
    Frontline: By conservative estimate, the combined salaries of Pat Kenny and his guests on Mon 3rd, ie. Minister Hayes, Pierce Doherty TD, Prof Brian Lucey and Donal Donovan ex Dep Director IMF was north of 1.1 million Euros. When you add pensions, lump sums, allowances, expenses and god knows what else to this figure, the final cost to the public is impossible to calculate.
    In the interests of the much trumpeted openness and transparency, I propose that the salary of every person paid from the public purse (over,say, 80K) be displayed on the screen beside their name when being interviewed on RTE current affairs programmes. The same policy to apply to radio.
    This policy should start today, budget day.
    Jim Connolly

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It get's even more obsene and ridiculous on the Maid Marion show, when a collection of tax payer funded millionaire spoofers all sit around, as MF asks a quesion to one of the participants..... "and how are you coping with the recession ?".

Pravda/RTE are now gone far beyond a joke. Sell that useless pampered quango in Montrose and let the individuals holding remote controls decide exactly who should be on half a million a year for talking nonsense.

The Pravda compulsory levy enforced under a threat of being thrown in jail for a month is a barbaric obscenity.
    Last edited by Analyzer; 6th December 2012 at 10:54 PM.
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What will we put beside the Angelus bell?
    Heaven and Earth Meet in the Human Heart!

Politics.ie Member Skin the Goat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radix View Post
    The price of innocence.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Citizens Party View Post
    This popular cant of the plebs on the sanctimonious hypocrisy of preachers telling them to lead virtuous lives, applies equally to RTE current affairs debates on austerity.
    Frontline: By conservative estimate, the combined salaries of Pat Kenny and his guests on Mon 3rd, ie. Minister Hayes, Pierce Doherty TD, Prof Brian Lucey and Donal Donovan ex Dep Director IMF was north of 1.1 million Euros. When you add pensions, lump sums, allowances, expenses and god knows what else to this figure, the final cost to the public is impossible to calculate.
    In the interests of the much trumpeted openness and transparency, I propose that the salary of every person paid from the public purse (over,say, 80K) be displayed on the screen beside their name when being interviewed on RTE current affairs programmes. The same policy to apply to radio.
    This policy should start today, budget day.
    Jim Connolly

.............and that would achieve actually what Jim?

I know you mean well but ffs get a grip will you!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Obsessive much?
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tawdy View Post
    .............and that would achieve actually what Jim?

I know you mean well but ffs get a grip will you!
    A warm sense of sanctimonious self-righteousness, which is, in fairness, a good old Irish tradition.
    Put a thief among honest men and they will eventually relieve him of his watch. Flann O'Brien

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    Obsessive much?
    Kettle pot?

Be serious.
    Heaven and Earth Meet in the Human Heart!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Citizens Party View Post
    Jim if you think it's "impossible" to calculate the salaries and costs of 5 individuals then why would I let you manage my piggy bank? You're saying you're incapable of executing a Leaving Cert pass maths question.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Kettle pot?

Be serious.
    I note your failure to grasp humorous irony.
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast