Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 387

Thread: End Fluoridation, Say 500 Physicians, Dentists, Scientists.

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member Destiny's Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Milan & Cork
    Posts
    2,335
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default End Fluoridation, Say 500 Physicians, Dentists, Scientists.

    In a statement released recently, over 600 professionals are urging Congress to stop water fluoridation until Congressional hearings are conducted. They cite new scientific evidence that fluoridation, long promoted to fight tooth decay, is ineffective and has serious health risks.
    (http://www.fluorideaction.org/statement ... .2007.html)

    Signers include a Nobel Prize winner, three members of the prestigious 2006 National Research Council (NRC) panel that reported on fluoride's toxicology, two officers in the Union representing professionals at EPA headquarters, the President of the International Society of Doctors for the Environment, and hundreds of medical, dental, academic, scientific and environmental professionals, worldwide.

    Signer Dr. Arvid Carlsson, winner of the 2000 Nobel Prize for Medicine, says, "Fluoridation is against all principles of modern pharmacology. It's really obsolete."

    Paul Connett, PhD, Executive Director of the Fluoride Action Network (FAN), announced that an Online Action Petition to Congress in support of the Professionals' Statement will soon be available at FAN's web site, http://www.fluorideaction.org.

    "The NRC report dramatically changed scientific understanding of fluoride's health risks," says Connett. "Government officials who continue to promote fluoridation must testify under oath as to why they are ignoring the powerful evidence of harm in the NRC report," he added.

    An Assistant NY State Attorney General calls the report "the most up-to-date expert authority on the health effects of fluoride exposure."

    The Professionals' Statement also references:

    -- The new American Dental Association policy recommending infant formula NOT be prepared with fluoridated water.

    -- The CDC's concession that the predominant benefit of fluoride is topical not systemic.

    -- CDC data showing that dental fluorosis, caused by fluoride over-exposure, now impacts one third of American children.

    -- Major research indicating little difference in decay rates between fluoridated and non-fluoridated communities.

    -- A Harvard study indicating a possible link between fluoridation and bone cancer.

    -- The silicofluoride chemicals used for fluoridation are contaminated industrial waste and have never been FDA- approved for human ingestion.

    The Environmental Working Group (EWG), a DC watchdog, revealed that a Harvard professor concealed the fluoridation/bone cancer connection for three years. EWG President Ken Cook states, "It is time for the US to recognize that fluoridation has serious risks that far outweigh any minor benefits, and unlike many other environmental issues, it's as easy to end as turning off a valve at the water plant."
    Cowardice asks the question - is it safe? Expediency asks the question - is it politic?
    Vanity asks the question - is it popular? But Conscience asks the question - is it right?
    And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular;but one must take it simply because it is right. -MLK

  2. #2

    Default

    Fluoride is highly toxic to human beings, even more so than lead. If you were to injest a mere 2-5 grams of sodium fluoride (a common ingredient in toothpaste), you would probably die. The amount of fluoride in a typical tube of fluoride toothpaste is sufficient to kill a small child if it were consumed all at once. Fluoride is also one of the basic ingredients in both PROZAC (FLUoxetene Hydrochloride) and Sarin Nerve Gas (Isopropyl-Methyl-Phosphoryl FLUORIDE), this makes me wonder why the fvck this poison is added to the irish water supply.

    the very first occurrence of purposefully putting sodium fluoride into drinking water was in the German ghettos and in Nazi Germany's prison camps. The SS had little concern about sodium fluoride's 'supposed' effect on dental health, their reason for mass-medicating water with sodium fluoride was to STERILIZE HUMANS and force the people in their concentration camps into calm, bovine, submission.
    The square root of the golden ratio times pi is close to 4, this product is 3.996168.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    here
    Posts
    254
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    mmm... "calm bovine submission"... sounds like our attitude to a lot of things....

    I think the supposed dental benefits are only for those who's teeth are not yet formed, i.e the under fives, and you would have to question whether the risks outweigh the benefits.

    I believe they do, by some considerable way.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by }IknowurbutwhatamI{
    Fluoride is also one of the basic ingredients in both PROZAC (FLUoxetene Hydrochloride) and Sarin Nerve Gas (Isopropyl-Methyl-Phosphoryl FLUORIDE), this makes me wonder why the fvck this poison is added to the irish water supply.
    ...both of which also contain hydrogen and oxygen. And we all know what you get when you mix hydrogen and oxygen. :x

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Out of the many thousands of physicians, dentists and scientists, they could muster 500 signatures of agreement? Do you always believe the minority on science issues?

    I work in a Council in the Water Dept. The water is of a high standard and fluordation is properly measured to ensure levels are safe.
    Minds cannot be managed, only inspired.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: End Fluoridation, Say 500 Physicians, Dentists, Scientis

    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny's Soldier
    In a statement released recently, over 600 professionals are urging Congress to stop water fluoridation until Congressional hearings are conducted. They cite new scientific evidence that fluoridation, long promoted to fight tooth decay, is ineffective and has serious health risks.
    (http://www.fluorideaction.org/statement ... .2007.html)

    Signers include a Nobel Prize winner, three members of the prestigious 2006 National Research Council (NRC) panel that reported on fluoride's toxicology, two officers in the Union representing professionals at EPA headquarters, the President of the International Society of Doctors for the Environment, and hundreds of medical, dental, academic, scientific and environmental professionals, worldwide.

    Signer Dr. Arvid Carlsson, winner of the 2000 Nobel Prize for Medicine, says, "Fluoridation is against all principles of modern pharmacology. It's really obsolete."

    Paul Connett, PhD, Executive Director of the Fluoride Action Network (FAN), announced that an Online Action Petition to Congress in support of the Professionals' Statement will soon be available at FAN's web site, http://www.fluorideaction.org.

    "The NRC report dramatically changed scientific understanding of fluoride's health risks," says Connett. "Government officials who continue to promote fluoridation must testify under oath as to why they are ignoring the powerful evidence of harm in the NRC report," he added.

    An Assistant NY State Attorney General calls the report "the most up-to-date expert authority on the health effects of fluoride exposure."

    The Professionals' Statement also references:

    -- The new American Dental Association policy recommending infant formula NOT be prepared with fluoridated water.

    -- The CDC's concession that the predominant benefit of fluoride is topical not systemic.

    -- CDC data showing that dental fluorosis, caused by fluoride over-exposure, now impacts one third of American children.

    -- Major research indicating little difference in decay rates between fluoridated and non-fluoridated communities.

    -- A Harvard study indicating a possible link between fluoridation and bone cancer.

    -- The silicofluoride chemicals used for fluoridation are contaminated industrial waste and have never been FDA- approved for human ingestion.

    The Environmental Working Group (EWG), a DC watchdog, revealed that a Harvard professor concealed the fluoridation/bone cancer connection for three years. EWG President Ken Cook states, "It is time for the US to recognize that fluoridation has serious risks that far outweigh any minor benefits, and unlike many other environmental issues, it's as easy to end as turning off a valve at the water plant."
    Well, the island of Ireland is the best place in the world for research into the benefits or otherwise of putting Fluoride in the water since its added to the water supply south of the border but not north of the border. I read a few years ago that children (possibly adults too, I can't remember) in the south had significantly fewer fillings than their counterparts in the north. I've never come across any research suggesting a higher incidence of any disease in the south as compared with the north that could be attributed to Fluoride, but that doesn't mean there is none.

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,083
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Flouridation - the reason we are all alcoholics - well me anyway.

    The headline should read

    Millions of Scientists don't call for Flouridation - Ron Paul blames New World Order and the Rothschilds.
    When you're accustomed to ascendancy, equality feels like oppression.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member Destiny's Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Milan & Cork
    Posts
    2,335
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Gosimeon,

    My wife works in a water dept of a council so what, it doesnt mean shes at the cutting edge in Biochemical research. I, myself, have not decided what way to think on the supposed toxicity side of things.
    A dentist studies and repairs tooth decay. How many dentists do cancer research?

    If one person discovers something and can reproduce the finding, then it has merit and warrants caution. Eg How many drugs have suspicious, undesired side effects and eventually get taken off the market? It wont be because all the doctors out there recommend it to be taken off the market.

    What I don't want is you medicating me when I don't want your medication. Im more concerned about people's entitlement not to be forced medication. Whether it is good or bad for you is open to debate. But I dont need you telling me what I should have for breakfast dinner and tea each day against my will.
    Cowardice asks the question - is it safe? Expediency asks the question - is it politic?
    Vanity asks the question - is it popular? But Conscience asks the question - is it right?
    And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular;but one must take it simply because it is right. -MLK

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    here
    Posts
    254
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: End Fluoridation, Say 500 Physicians, Dentists, Scientis

    Quote Originally Posted by freedomlover
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny's Soldier
    In a statement released recently, over 600 professionals are urging Congress to stop water fluoridation until Congressional hearings are conducted. They cite new scientific evidence that fluoridation, long promoted to fight tooth decay, is ineffective and has serious health risks.
    (http://www.fluorideaction.org/statement ... .2007.html)

    Signers include a Nobel Prize winner, three members of the prestigious 2006 National Research Council (NRC) panel that reported on fluoride's toxicology, two officers in the Union representing professionals at EPA headquarters, the President of the International Society of Doctors for the Environment, and hundreds of medical, dental, academic, scientific and environmental professionals, worldwide.

    Signer Dr. Arvid Carlsson, winner of the 2000 Nobel Prize for Medicine, says, "Fluoridation is against all principles of modern pharmacology. It's really obsolete."

    Paul Connett, PhD, Executive Director of the Fluoride Action Network (FAN), announced that an Online Action Petition to Congress in support of the Professionals' Statement will soon be available at FAN's web site, http://www.fluorideaction.org.

    "The NRC report dramatically changed scientific understanding of fluoride's health risks," says Connett. "Government officials who continue to promote fluoridation must testify under oath as to why they are ignoring the powerful evidence of harm in the NRC report," he added.

    An Assistant NY State Attorney General calls the report "the most up-to-date expert authority on the health effects of fluoride exposure."

    The Professionals' Statement also references:

    -- The new American Dental Association policy recommending infant formula NOT be prepared with fluoridated water.

    -- The CDC's concession that the predominant benefit of fluoride is topical not systemic.

    -- CDC data showing that dental fluorosis, caused by fluoride over-exposure, now impacts one third of American children.

    -- Major research indicating little difference in decay rates between fluoridated and non-fluoridated communities.

    -- A Harvard study indicating a possible link between fluoridation and bone cancer.

    -- The silicofluoride chemicals used for fluoridation are contaminated industrial waste and have never been FDA- approved for human ingestion.

    The Environmental Working Group (EWG), a DC watchdog, revealed that a Harvard professor concealed the fluoridation/bone cancer connection for three years. EWG President Ken Cook states, "It is time for the US to recognize that fluoridation has serious risks that far outweigh any minor benefits, and unlike many other environmental issues, it's as easy to end as turning off a valve at the water plant."
    Well, the island of Ireland is the best place in the world for research into the benefits or otherwise of putting Fluoride in the water since its added to the water supply south of the border but not north of the border. I read a few years ago that children (possibly adults too, I can't remember) in the south had significantly fewer fillings than their counterparts in the north. I've never come across any research suggesting a higher incidence of any disease in the south as compared with the north that could be attributed to Fluoride, but that doesn't mean there is none.
    It does not necessarily follow that the fluoride is responsible for this difference. There are other differences, free dental care for children in the North for example may mean that carries are more likely to be treated.

    As I mentioned it is the under fives that may benefit. It is pointless giving the rest of us fluoride.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    here
    Posts
    254
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gosimeon
    Out of the many thousands of physicians, dentists and scientists, they could muster 500 signatures of agreement? Do you always believe the minority on science issues?

    I work in a Council in the Water Dept. The water is of a high standard and fluordation is properly measured to ensure levels are safe.
    Gosimon- Can you tell us what the levels are in your area and if they would be the same nationally, or does each area set its own limit?

Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •