Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Gardai: if they treat their own like this what will they do to the public?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Gardai: if they treat their own like this what will they do to the public?

"A RETIRED garda detective has been awarded 85,000 in High Court damages after a judge found he had been subjected to bullying and harassment by his superiors."

Leading Garda awarded €85,000 damages after intimidation and harassment - Courts, National News - Independent.ie

If a serving member can be treated like this what confidence can we have in their treatment of the Plain People? there is no reference to any disciplinary inquiry in the report. No surprise, there!
    As a child I, and other kids, stood for ages with a young Guard on traffic duty: we admired him and his job. Not now, not ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thady Quill View Post
    "A RETIRED garda detective has been awarded €85,000 in High Court damages after a judge found he had been subjected to bullying and harassment by his superiors."

Leading Garda awarded €85,000 damages after intimidation and harassment - Courts, National News - Independent.ie

If a serving member can be treated like this what confidence can we have in their treatment of the Plain People? there is no reference to any disciplinary inquiry in the report. No surprise, there!
    As a child I, and other kids, stood for ages with a young Guard on traffic duty: we admired him and his job. Not now, not ever.
    It would be kinda weird if you were an adult and stood for ages with a young guard on traffic duty.
    Life is hard
    That's why no-one survives

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maybe his pension wasn't gold plated enough.
    This could be the Gardai's answer to Gay Byrne and the Golden Years Pension.

This Garda might be back as a consultant.
    ANGER IS A POLICY, GET OFF YOUR KNEES

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I knew a young guy who was bullied to death by them. I'm sure the same scenario is repeated in every town in the country.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I also know of a student Garda that took his own life due to a case of being bullied

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    unfortunatly for some it was not unheard of back in the day.

When I was 16, 4 apes spent a good 20 minutes giving me the 3rd degree. I had my motorbike with me and they went over it and myself with a fine tooth comb. At one point, one of them sat on the bike holding the brake lever on, while another one tried pushing it to see if the brakes worked. It seems both I and my bike passed muster because they eventually gave up and dragged their knuckles back to the squad car. I assume they we're bored and chasing actual crims was just too much trouble.

I've been stopped and checked countless times and it's always the same. Quick look at the tax disc, tyres, lights etc. Then a few questions, produce your documents and off you go. This was pure harrassment of a kid by four yobs with nothing better to do.

I have no problem with the gaurds, but there's bad in every organisation, and they're no differant.
    A few weeks before my grandfather died, he started dipping his feet in a bucket of lard.
    He went downhill very fast after that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by corporal punishment View Post
    When I was 16, 4 apes spent a good 20 minutes giving me the 3rd degree. I had my motorbike with me and they went over it and myself with a fine tooth comb. At one point, one of them sat on the bike holding the brake lever on, while another one tried pushing it to see if the brakes worked. It seems both I and my bike passed muster because they eventually gave up and dragged their knuckles back to the squad car. I assume they we're bored and chasing actual crims was just too much trouble.

I have no problem with the gaurds, but there's bad in every organisation, and they're no differant.
    Wow. Garda doing their job? What next?
    Life is hard
    That's why no-one survives

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thady Quill View Post
    "A RETIRED garda detective has been awarded €85,000 in High Court damages after a judge found he had been subjected to bullying and harassment by his superiors."

You need to change the thread title to "The Gardai: if they treat their own like this what are they doing to the public?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast