Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: December 21st: reasons why the world should end

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Default December 21st: reasons why the world should end

As reports mount of pre-Armageddon panic in Russia, people gathering in rural France in the hope of being rescued by resident aliens, arks in China and survivalists in the UK learning to love squirrel (and don't say we didn't warn you), it seems the time has come for even a wizened old sceptic like me to contemplate the end of times.

As ever, we need to look at the positive benefits of the situation. What would be the upside of the end of days? Why should we positively welcome it? Here's a few suggestions, but I'm sure the P.ie hive mind can come up with lots more:

• Ending the world would be god's way of halting our march towards abortion on demand.
    • It's one way to default on our debt with no future repercussions.
    • We'd wipe out all overdue mortgages in an instant.
    • Zerobrains needs it to happen 'in a matter of days' to obliterate all record of their previous predictions.

Any more?
    Last edited by statsman; 4th December 2012 at 12:23 PM.
    Put a thief among honest men and they will eventually relieve him of his watch. Flann O'Brien

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

All the sanctimonious health freaks will go at the same time as smokers, drinkers, lovers of fried food and salt, and the fat and lazy!

There will never be another FF government.

Or a SF government in the ROI

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

No need to buy Christmas presents.
    Put a thief among honest men and they will eventually relieve him of his watch. Flann O'Brien

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what time will this happen?
    I'm busy on the 21st, I don't know if I'll be able to fit it in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by statsman View Post
    As reports mount of pre-Armageddon panic in Russia, people gathering in rural France in the hope of being rescued by resident aliens, arks in China and survivalists in the UK learning to love squirrel (and don't say we didn't warn you), it seems the time has come for even a wizened old sceptic like me to contemplate the end of times.

As ever, we need to look at the positive benefits of the situation. What would be the upside of the end of days? Why should we positively welcome it? Here's a few suggestions, but I'm sure the P.ie hive mind can come up with lots more:

• Ending the world would be god's way of halting out march towards abortion on demand.
    • Zerobrains needs it to happen 'in a matter of days' to obliterate all record of their previous predictions.

Any more?
    Maybe I should be loving (no, liking) Bob66 something or other's sarky remarks every time I write the truth on here!! Love my neighbours for the last two and a half weeks!
    BECAUSE SOME OF US DON'T THINK ABOUT FUTURE GENERATIONS, THEY WILL NEVER FORGET US! https://www.vimeo.com/8668733 'Pipe Down' Corrib gas documentary 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by statsman View Post

• Ending the world would be god's way of halting out march towards abortion on demand.

Any more?
    You forgot the most important one - it would mean an end to partition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We won't have to listen to another 'Auld Langsyne' on New Year's Eve, or worry about spelling it incorrectly on threads like this . . .
    Abortion is an act of violence. Violence demeans humanity, particularly violence against women and children.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gebra View Post
    what time will this happen?
    I'm busy on the 21st, I don't know if I'll be able to fit it in.
    I think this is the kind of thing that fits you in.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsui2 View Post
    You forgot the most important one - it would mean an end to partition.
    And a restoration of the Union at the same time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The croke(broke/choke/joke/etc) park (perk/pork/etc) deal would end. This woul be worth the end of days for certain posters on here!
    Life is hard
    That's why no-one survives

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast