Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fix Crumlin - The Final Straw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Fix Crumlin - The Final Straw

The Children's Medical & Research Foundation

The new Children’s Hospital has been announced which will be merging the three children’s hospitals. This is truly great news. We will finally have world class facilities for future generations of sick children.

However, dreams of a brighter future cannot cloud the stark reality our children endure in Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Crumlin right now. Already we have received emails from parents of patients who are in our hospital, all asking similar questions.What happens to our children? Who will deliver for them? Are they going to fall between the cracks? Horrible as it is, all these questions are valid.

"It’s so cramped and difficult. At one point I spent 30 consecutive nights sleeping on a camp bed squeezed between the sink and Conor’s bed. During the night, nurses and doctors have to step over you and work – sometimes in cases of emergency. Your own child is getting sick, not sleeping, feeling awful. Next morning, I’d have to face going to work and pretending everything’s normal." Michael Reidy, father of Conor (pictured above)

Here in Crumlin, we have a job to do. We have to look after our children who are sick right now. We have to provide the best facilities for our patients. The good news is that we have already started to build and renovate facilities for our cancer and cardiac patients.

I am hopeful that we can deliver next year- our children in Crumlin won’t have to wait for 2018 or beyond. Our patients can expect world class facilities by Summer 2013. But we need your help. We have to raise a further €4m to complete the construction and I need to ask for your support so that we make these new wards a reality. Can you make a life enhancing gift?

Please make a donation of €50 or €90 or whatever you can afford by clicking here. We can’t with any conscience let the children who are sick today wait until 2018 or beyond for the facilities they need to get better. Please make this the Christmas present that keeps on giving.

I hope you will agree that our children deserve far better now. A gift from you this Christmas will help us deliver for our nation’s sick children today and provide facilities that are fitting for them and their parents. Thank you. I wish you a very happy and healthy Christmas to you and your family.

Kindest regards,

Joe Quinsey
    CEO, The Children’s Medical and Research
    Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Crumlin

People -The Fix Crumlin Campaign should be the final straw on Croke Park, on Austerity on this whole damn circus.

Our National Childrens Hospital is begging for help. They need 4 million to finish the building a vital Cardiac Unit and Augment their Cancer unit.
    Sick and Dying children officially cannot depend on the state, - they need the kindness of strangers to recover / die in dignity.

Our National Childrens Hospital is begging for help. There is no excuse - the new one scheduled for 2018 (that has been in process for a decade at this stage) is irrelevant - here and now Children with serious illness are being cast to the wolves to support the CPA. This agreement ensures that the doctors, nurses and other ps workers will get paid regardless of the abiliity to provide adequate care for seriously ill children.
    Charities like Jack and Jill are losing funding - they provide respite for families with terminally ill and seriously mentally or physically handicapped children.

Our National Childrens Hospital is begging for help. Croke Park is penned in the blood of innocent children. The bond holders and loansharks should whistle for their money until we have a proper health system.
    james Reilly, Michael noonan and all government TDs whould work without pay until they have scraped us from the bottom.

Our National Childrens Hospital is begging for help. The writer of the letter joe Quinsey says that "We can’t with any conscience let the children who are sick today wait until 2018 or beyond for the facilities they need to get better."

Michael Noonan - as you prepare your budget speech - ask yourself the question of every measure you put in it "Is this more or less deserving than Children with Cancer. Our National Childrens Hospital is begging for help."
    Brendan Howlin - as you try to ensure as easy a ride in the next round of CPA circus ask yourself the question of salary level you protect and allowance you preserve you put in it "Is this more or less deserving than Children with Cancer. Our National Childrens Hospital is begging for help."
    Enda Kenny - as you listen to instructions from Merkel, ask yourself a question of each point of austerity she wished to inflict, "How many dead children will it take for me to tell this woman to go and do one."
    James Reilly - ask yourself - "am i really fit to have anything to do with answering questions about the health of children?"

People of Ireland - Ask yourselves to reflect on this situation and when wednesdays horrow show arrives - spare some of your outrage for the plight of Conor (Pictured) and the many children who enter out dickensian health system, with its world class union and their parents who sleep on floors like winos.
    ANGER IS A POLICY, GET OFF YOUR KNEES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Send this to Minister Ring. I'm sure he'll have a few bob left over from the Lottery hand outs. Toilets in boxing clubs are more urgent than a childrens' hospital!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greengoose2 View Post
    Send this to Minister Ring. I'm sure he'll have a few bob left over from the Lottery hand outs. Toilets in boxing clubs are more urgent than a childrens' hospital!
    Can Ring even read?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Asparagus View Post
    Can Ring even read?

I'm sure he has an adviser to do that, along with a PA, tea lady, typist, barman or whatever. Hard times for that selfless man among selfless men!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm wondering if my outrage is misplaced... 111 views and only one comment...
    Maybe Kids with Cancer are an irrelavence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Asparagus View Post
    I'm wondering if my outrage is misplaced... 111 views and only one comment...
    Maybe Kids with Cancer are an irrelavence
    I don't think so. It's probably down to shame and embarrassment but fear not, there'll be a shill or two along presently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't think so. It's probably down to shame and embarrassment but fear not, there'll be a shill or two along presently.
    Maybe but the shills usually only arrive in at certain critical mass - to derail any potential discussion.

birthday

It has always been thus. Over 20 years ago Finn Brethnach was leaving work to fund raise for the hospital several nights per week!

After all the lies and promises we still do not have proper treatment units for CF.

Instead we have spent the money on?

Bankers pension bailout that no TD will ask about

TD salaries, expenses
    Senior civil servants retiring on €114k per year at the age of 53

etc

etc
    etc
    Priorities such as looking after the vested interests and buying the next election have always come out on top!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It would be nice to think, that the best paid medical consultants in the world, and the worlds higest paid hospital management upper echelons, could all pool together and donate 10% of their wages , or addtional perks and allowances for turning up to do day work and use a calculator in lieu of an abacus, just for a year . Im sure that the €4 mill mark would soon be reached. When that happens, then you will see joe public dig deeper.

But I fear the PS shills and CPA apologists will soon be here to tell us how much they are already hurting and they really need all the extra dosh, to put little Fiachra through private grinds... and to pay next years golf club membership.

Can someone please, please, tell me how we can keep send up to 700million a year abroad, on foreign aid, whilst we cannot look after our own children. I do not want, the usual left pinko bleedin heart liberals , and vested interests, in the overseas aid industries, telling me how it makes them and the general public feel all warm and fuzzy inside, propping up corrupt regimes in Africa, whilst our own kids are dying in 3rd world facilities. I do not donate anymore to overseas aid, only Irish charities that aid in Ireland.

This really makes me sick, the whole feckin lot of the meally mouthed politicians, overpaid fat cat consultants, hospital management ,, all trying to justify and protect their fat arses, at the behest of sick & dying children.
    Last edited by spoilsport; 3rd December 2012 at 07:05 PM.
    In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. In a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of. -- Confucius

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I want the Government to throw money at Crumlin NOW.

I wouldnt mind paying the property tax or whatever if I saw tangible use of our taxes such as this.

The rage at the austerity is to do with us not being able to see much for us and our kids. It just seems to go down a fuppin black hole somewhere.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast