Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: RTE pro-abortion pro-Labour Producer bias ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default RTE pro-abortion pro-Labour Producer bias ?

I don't agree with David Quinn's world view except perhaps on right to life issues.

But I don't think he deserves to be called a "poisonous c**t" either.

I like to believe we are civilized enought to disagree with each other politely.

Not so an RTE producer who - in a defence of the Labour party (what you'd expect from anyone in RTE)- tweeted this:

Radio producer under fire for vulgar tweet - National News - Independent.ie

But is this isolatd or just the tip of the iceberg?

Was - like Aoife Kavanagh - this guy just unfairly hung out to dry because he was a freelancer and can be gotten rid of?

The real question is whether this mindset is deeply entrenched in the culture of RTE

It seems clear to me that recent problems in RTE are only revealing the tip of an iceberg of bias accumulated over decades.

That bias must be dealt with now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think we need a new forum for people getting all pissy about what some idiot posts on Twitter and then thinking it's somehow symbolic of something more.

I love how in the space of the last 3 lines of your ridiculous OP you move from asking a question on bias, to declaring there IS bias, to demanding action be taken over bias.

Stupid people write stupid things on Twitter. The real question is if they're dumber than the people who read too into those writings.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

that dude is not an RTE employee

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So freelancer who does occasional work for RTE is at home listening to radio, tweets something about said show and you want RTE's 'bias' dealt with?

Christ. On. A. Honda.

He should apologize to Quinn and that should be the end of it.
    Repeal the 27th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Offical Sinn Fein/The Worker's Party disguised as Labour up to their old skull duggery ?? Old habits die hard as they say.

Now we'll hear the paranoia of SFers !!!! Clearly RTE favors it's ' special interest groups

Marian Finucane Show "guests" political affiliations on the show from Feb 2011-May 2012
    Fine Gael: 35
    Fianna Fail:19
    Labour: 15
    Ind/Sp/ULA/PbP: 28
    Sinn Féin: 2 !!!!
    Follow the money in this country and it ALWAYS goes back to state support, be it tax breaks, state contracts and the manipulation of markets for the gombeen class.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What not forgive him, turn the other cheek , this is a catholic country... isn't it?

Politics.ie Member The Field Marshal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    I think we need a new forum for people getting all pissy about what some idiot posts on Twitter and then thinking it's somehow symbolic of something more.

I love how in the space of the last 3 lines of your ridiculous OP you move from asking a question on bias, to declaring there IS bias, to demanding action be taken over bias.

Stupid people write stupid things on Twitter. The real question is if they're dumber than the people who read too into those writings.
    RTE is suffused with anti catholic venom and bias.

This is obvious from the high levels of station airtime devoted to undermining the status and teaching authority of the catholic church.
    Repeal the thirty-fourth amendment of the Irish constitution :
    Children have a basic right to be reared by a mother and a father.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post

Ya, but Quinn is a poisonous c**t though.
    "It is important therefore that I clarify to the House that in the first instance there are significant monies within Anglo-Irish to take the strain of loan losses arising over the next three or four years, before State support is engaged." Brian Lenihan 15/01/09

Politics.ie Member Victor Meldrew's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
    He should apologize to Quinn and that should be the end of it.
    For using the C word...

He is entitled to his opinion of Mr Quinn, his Institute, His influence and his lack of a democratic mandate to spout such stuff. No different than Decko.

At least Ronan Mullen has been elected (and yes, I know the Seanad has "democracy issues" )

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast