Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Will PeadarTóibín be Morganed in retribution for his revolt and ambition?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Will PeadarTóibín be Morgan-ed in retribution for his revolt and ambition?

Will PeadarTóibín be Morgan-ed in retribution for his revolt and ambition?

Meath West T.D. Peadar Tóibín failed to support Sinn Féin in the Dáil on the Termination of Pregnancy Bill last week, breaking the Party Whip on a Dáil Vote.

Peadar who has been a rising star in Sinn Féin, and a strong media performer must have looked to many as a future leader of Sinn Féin. Peadar just could not bring himself to allowing abortion in Ireland nor indeed what he sees as a stepping stone to abortion.

Deputy Toíbín explained to the Irish Times "We need to debate this on a secular basis. When I see religious imagery in pro-life demonstrations I think people need to move away from that."

Peadar who holds a Degree in Economics and Politics from UCD, a Postgraduate in Enterprise from the Michael Smurfit School of Business, UCD, and worked as a Management Consultant before entering the Dáil might not seem at first nor second glance, to have a lot in common with many of his other Sinn Féin Dáil colleagues.

There is every likelihood now that he will be disciplined by the Party for breaking the Whip and and the bigger offence in Sinn Féin of disobedience.

Any move to discipline him might end up with the party shooting themselves in the other foot, as a move to discipline Peadar for following his conscience, particularly on an issue which so many are in agreement with Peadar on would likely backfire.

When the dust settles it will be Peadar who will be enhanced rather than his rival Mary Lou!

The most likely future for Peadar in Sinn Féin is that he will be Morgan-ed suffering the same fate as his former very able and popular colleague, Louth's Arthur Morgan who seemed to gave up Politics to make way for an older man Gerry Adams.

I always thought it an amazing coincidence that Gerry Adams just looked South to the Republic's affairs just immediately when Arthur wanted to do something else at the end of 2010. Could Gerry have looked south first before Arthur decided to give up politics?

Could it be that Peadar's conscience might also be troubled by some of the deeds that his party colleagues carried out and supported?
    Peadar was a very useful type of Candidate for Sinn Féin essentially one of the new Shinny Shinners well educated, smooth, articulate, bright, young, well versed in economics, who could project himself as being deeply empathetic, complete with a mid atlantic accent, and a Gaeilgeoir to boot.

Is there room in Sinn Féin for the new Shiny Shinners or will the old guard let go of the reins?

Arthur Morgan (Irish politician) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    SF's Tóibín accepts disciplinary action likely after absence - The Irish Times - Fri, Nov 30, 2012
    Peadar Tóibín TD | Sinn Féin
    Last edited by potholedogger; 3rd December 2012 at 07:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by potholedogger View Post
    Will PeadarTóibín be Morganed in retribution for his revolt and ambition?

Meath West T.D. Peadar Tóibín failed to support Sinn Féin in the Dáil on the Termination of Pregnancy Bill last week, breaking the Party Whip on a Dáil Vote.

Peadar who has been a rising star in Sinn Féin, and a strong media performer must have looked to many as a future leader of Sinn Féin. Peadar just could not bring himself to allowing abortion in Ireland nor indeed what he sees as a stepping stone to abortion.

Deputy Toíbín explained to the Irish Times "We need to debate this on a secular basis. When I see religious imagery in pro-life demonstrations I think people need to move away from that."

Peadar who holds a Degree in Economics and Politics from UCD, a Postgraduate in Enterprise from the Michael Smurfit School of Business, UCD, and worked as a Management Consultant before entering the Dáil might not seem at first nor second glance, to have a lot in common with many of his other Sinn Féin Dáil colleagues.

There is every likelihood now that he will be disciplined by the Party for breaking the Whip and and the bigger offence in Sinn Féin of disobedience.

Any move to discipline him might end up with the party shooting themselves in the other foot, as a move to discipline Peadar for following his conscience, particularly on an issue which so many are in agreement with Peadar on would likely backfire.

When the dust settles it will be Peadar who will be enhanced rather than his rival Mary Lou!

The most likely future for Peadar in Sinn Féin is that he will be Morganed suffering the same fate as his former very able and popular colleague, Louth's Arthur Morgan who seemed to gave up Politics to make way for an older man Gerry Adams.

I always thought it an amazing coincidence that Gerry Adams just looked South to the Republic's affairs just immediately when Arthur wanted to do something else at the end of 2010.

Could it be that Peadar's conscience might also be troubled by some of the deeds that his party colleagues carried out and supported?
    Peadar was a very useful type of Candidate for Sinn Féin essentially on of the new Shinny Shinners well educated, smooth, articulate, bright, young, well versed in economics, who could project himself as being deeply empathetic, complete with a mid atlantic accent, and a Gaeilgeoir to boot.

Is there room in Sinn Féin for the new Shiny Shinners or will the old guard let go of the reins?

SF's Tóibín accepts disciplinary action likely after absence - The Irish Times - Fri, Nov 30, 2012
    No

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by emulator View Post
    No
    Is there no one in Sinn Fein who wants his seat?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

your trolling very hard for fg these days
    will you start a tread on michelle mulhern ?
    will you fup, your a troll of the worst kind
    "If we VOTE YES there will be no more austere budgets. Fact " Hammer, mayday 12'

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Nah. SF, like the other parties, will end up allowing rank and file TDs a free vote on abortion. It'll come down to a matter of conscience, viewed as separate to normal whipped votes.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    Nah. SF, like the other parties, will end up allowing rank and file TDs a free vote on abortion. It'll come down to a matter of conscience, viewed as separate to normal whipped votes.
    so will you zoo this nonscence trolling/baiting tread ?
    "If we VOTE YES there will be no more austere budgets. Fact " Hammer, mayday 12'

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neiphin View Post

You are very anxious to kill this discussion!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neiphin View Post
    You can report it I guess. I'm in thread now so I can't make a decision in it, but I personally don't see a problem with this OP.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by potholedogger View Post
    Will PeadarTóibín be Morganed in retribution for his revolt and ambition?

The most likely future for Peadar in Sinn Féin is that he will be Morganed suffering the same fate as his former very able and popular colleague, Louth's Arthur Morgan who seemed to gave up Politics to make way for an older man Gerry Adams.

I always thought it an amazing coincidence that Gerry Adams just looked South to the Republic's affairs just immediately when Arthur wanted to do something else at the end of 2010.

Peadar was a very useful type of Candidate for Sinn Féin essentially on of the new Shinny Shinners well educated, smooth, articulate, bright, young, well versed in economics, who could project himself as being deeply empathetic, complete with a mid atlantic accent, and a Gaeilgeoir to boot.

By repeating that bare-faced lie you lost any shred of credibility you might have had.

Morgan had to pressed into running again in 2007 and was adament he would not stand again in 2011.

Why insist on broadcasting this lie?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is Tomas Mor back? Again.
    "You think thats bad,theres one lunatic that posts on there 40-50 times a day..He's alone..in bad company!

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast