Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New bonanza for solicitors from Jan 1st

Politics.ie Member seanmoylantd's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Price Gouging Solicitors

Doubling of legal fees is 'outrageous' - National News - Independent.ie

Yet another example of how Legal Personnel dine out on Property Holders.

Is there any way one can bypass these parasites and do one's conveyancing oneself?

Elder abuse.Indeed.Aren't they lovely in their concern and isn't it smashing how much money there is to be made in their ministrations.What a great blessing the Law Society are to Irish Society and how concerned they are about our common good.

Has anyone else seen this?

Where is Alan Shatter when you need him?

Does any of our TD's actually stand up,for us,The Consumer/Mortgage Holder/Little Person/Taxpayer/Employer in this little island?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lawyers the lot of them....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

So you think it's ok for a solicitor to represent both parties in a transaction?
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The fee aspect is terrible but the principle of one guy not acting on both sides of a transaction is common sense. The problem is not that fees will go from 4k to 8k but that routine paperwork costs 4k to begin with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Isn't part of the issue here that solicitors cannot advertise their fees?
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Ernest Hemingway

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sic transit View Post
    Isn't part of the issue here that solicitors cannot advertise their fees?
    Yup. I've no idea what would be lost by allowing solicitors advertise how much per hour they charge to work on basic stuff like conveyancing, execution of a will etc.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    So you think it's ok for a solicitor to represent both parties in a transaction?
    That's not what this thread is about.

It's about solicitors ripping off people involved in property transactions. . . . Something they've been doing very successfully for many years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A large part of the problem IMHO is the Law society....as anyone unfortunate enough like myself who have had dealings with in the past will tell you .....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RobertW View Post
    That's not what this thread is about.

It's about solicitors ripping off people involved in property transactions. . . . Something they've been doing very successfully for many years.
    That's not what the hysterical OP is talking about. He's talking about one specific decision to prevent people using the same solicitor for the transfer of property. Lots of people don't do this because of the obvious conflict of interest issues. Do you think, on the basis of the OP and the issue at hand, that it's the wrong recommendation?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Solicitors, as Wolfe Tone sagely pointed out, are the most execrable of all professions. And why can the Law Society legislate/regulate on this? Is that not the job of the Leinster House retards?

Let us say you die and leave a will giving everything you have (10k in bank account, no more) to your only daughter and someone else dies, leaves an identical will but 200 k. The solicitors will charge the other person's estate much more for doing the same job.
    Ireland will never be even partly free until the law mafia is destroyed. But, as they are a corner stone of rip off Ireland, it will be hard to do.

Of course, the real action now is in the divorce industry. Check out your local law firm and see how many of them are doing family law.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast