Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Shannon entity predicted to create 3,000 jobs

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default New Shannon entity predicted to create 3,000 jobs

http://www.independent.ie/business/i...s-3311460.html

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...327340757.html

An independent Shannon Airport combined with the landbank of Shannon Development could “conservatively” generate between 3,000 and 3,500 new direct jobs over the next five years, according to a Government-appointed task force.

This is separate of construction jobs and would revolve around growing air traffic at the airport and establishing an international aviation services centre.

This and other recommendations underpinned the Cabinet’s decision on Monday to approve the separation of Shannon Airport from the Dublin Airport Authority (DAA) by the end of this year.
    It's surely the top transport story of the moment. I solemnly swear not to say a word, other than 31st December isn't a day too soon.
    Last edited by Schuhart; 3rd December 2012 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Just fixing the links
    However, banks know they have a duty of care to their clients and I'm sure that this should prevent them lending irresponsibly.

George Lee 2 June 2006

Ziggy

Politics.ie Member making waves's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Excuse me while I

ROTFLMFAO
    Separate Church and State

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Schuhart View Post
    It's surely the top transport story of the moment. I solemnly swear not to say a word, other than 31st December isn't a day too soon.

You double dealing, double talking, stooge for fg/lab. What a load of shaggin rubbish!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry but Leo has another view on Shannon

Minister adds to concern regarding Knock Airport competition
    http://www.politics.ie/forum/transpo...t-airport.html

Knock will be getting the same €100 million boost I presume........
    Pity the nation divided into into fragments, each fragment deeming itself a nation - Khalil Gibran

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wonder what Willie o'Dea will say, will be figuring a way to claim credit for this, probably say FF were about to pass legislation to enact or some other BS,

"Twas my feckin idea"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stanley View Post
    Wonder what Willie o'Dea will say, will be figuring a way to claim credit for this, probably say FF were about to pass legislation to enact or some other BS,

"Twas my feckin idea"
    He's late, Tim Dooley is agin it

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

The link doesn't work but as an aside, would it make you happy if Shannon was renamed to Schuhart airport?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shannon needs more, a lot more, of this

RUSSIA's second-biggest airline wants to operate flights between Moscow and Miami which would use Shannon Airport as a stop-over.

Transaero already operates a non-stop service between the two cities and has filed a request with the Russian authorities to fly via Shannon three times a week.
    Politicians' 'elite' salaries will not be touched in Wednesday's Budget - National News - Independent.ie
    We have turned the corner.I commend this Budget to the House. Brian Lenihan, 9 December 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shannon Development are trying to sell as much of their landbank as possible including some of its in Kilkee earmarked for a geological and science centre. This is despite that there is an on going feasibility study. SD can't wait they need the money fast for the big payoffs come the merger.

Politics.ie Member southwestkerry's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

'Whatabout' the Tarbert Ballylongford landbank supposed LNG plant. Held up time and time again. All a cod I think. Shannon LNG
    SWK
    A ship at harbour is safe but that is not what ships were built for.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast