Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 80

Thread: Political policing and ongoing harassment in Newry

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    27,938
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Political policing and ongoing harassment in Newry

    Eirigi activist Stephen Murney was jailed today on trumped up charges aimed to stem growing dissent to the Stormont puppet Government.
    The bizarre charges are linked to photographs of PSNI officers found in his house.
    Photographs of PSNI officers can be found anywhere online or in newspapers.
    Murney has been the subject of persistent harassment, as seen in this 2011 article, which claims he was stopped and searched, 98 times in one year.
    Eirigi and PSNI in disagreement over 'harassment' claims - Newry Times | Newry Times
    He has since been chronicling this harassment and it seems it was this data (evidence of harassment) that has led to his imprisonment.
    Last month, he was also issued a death threat by a uniformed PSNI officer, who threatened to "put a bullet" in his head.
    http://republican-news.org/current/n...death_thr.html

    He's also been charged with having band uniforms in his house, yet PSF members walked the streets of Dungiven in similar uniforms only a few months ago.
    Political policing and the judicial apartheid continues.
    GFA is a joke.

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Loyalist Antrim
    Posts
    1,568
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth.ie View Post
    Eirigi activist Stephen Murney was jailed today on trumped up charges aimed to stem growing dissent to the Stormont puppet Government.
    The bizarre charges are linked to photographs of PSNI officers found in his house.
    Photographs of PSNI officers can be found anywhere online or in newspapers.
    Murney has been the subject of persistent harassment, as seen in this 2011 article, which claims he was stopped and searched, 98 times in one year.
    Eirigi and PSNI in disagreement over 'harassment' claims - Newry Times | Newry Times
    He has since been chronicling this harassment and it seems it was this data (evidence of harassment) that has led to his imprisonment.
    Last month, he was also issued a death threat by a uniformed PSNI officer, who threatened to "put a bullet" in his head.
    http://republican-news.org/current/n...death_thr.html

    He's also been charged with having band uniforms in his house, yet PSF members walked the streets of Dungiven in similar uniforms only a few months ago.
    Political policing and the judicial apartheid continues.
    GFA is a joke.

    He is a completely innocent bloke and everything he says is true. They are band uniforms and photos of police were simply for use in harassment claims.

    This constant police action is so over the top. Dissident republicans are good guys with simple peaceful outlooks.

    Truth, do you know of any protests coming up so I can come out and support this poor lad? It's getting like N.Korea around here

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member InsideImDancing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Everywhere!
    Posts
    21,877
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by longmarch View Post
    He is a completely innocent bloke and everything he says is true. They are band uniforms and photos of police were simply for use in harassment claims.

    This constant police action is so over the top. Dissident republicans are good guys with simple peaceful outlooks.

    Truth, do you know of any protests coming up so I can come out and support this poor lad? It's getting like N.Korea around here
    Like this sort of police tactic worked in the past. Anti-GFA Republicans are being interned whether involved in violence or not, it's the stupid failed tactics of the past.
    Police ombudsman Nula O'loan - We found collusion on a massive scale, murders, intimidation, directing terrorism, attempted murder, drug smuggling, the list of crimes is endless..

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member  Donnchadha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boston USA
    Posts
    2,085
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    98 times ! One would think that the Cops need to ************************e or get off the pot. If the cops are so sure that this guy is involved in terror activities, the odds are that at least once they would have found something resembling admissible evidence.

    Say what you will about the States, but I cannot be searched unless the cops have obtained a search warrant. If I was stopped 98 times, there would have been a massive lawsuit ad I would be substantially wealthy.

    Are there any external watch groups i.e. UN or other human rights groups monitoring these searches ?
    I am standing on the threshold of another trembling world. May God have mercy on my soul.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member  Donnchadha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boston USA
    Posts
    2,085
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milltown View Post
    Anyone who is stopped 98 times (therefore knowing the police are watching him) and still keeps illegal material on his home computer deserves to be locked up for gross stupidity.

    Idiot.

    Photos are illegal in Northern Ireland ? I doubt they can get a conviction on those charges. They can indict a ham sandwich but a conviction is another thing.
    I am standing on the threshold of another trembling world. May God have mercy on my soul.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    8,358
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Who is this guy? Is he another martyr in the making? Has anyone written a song about him yet?
    What does he do for a living?
    Does he have any hobbies or outside interests?
    Has he studied the Communist Manifesto?
    What makes him tick?

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    27,938
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milltown View Post
    Anyone who is stopped 98 times (therefore knowing the police are watching him) and still keeps illegal material on his home computer deserves to be locked up for gross stupidity.

    Idiot.
    So if I'm walking down the street, see the cops harassing some kids, and I record it on my mobile phone, I can be jailed under anti- terror legislation?
    It's not like he was photographing them leaving their houses.
    As I said, the internet is full of images of PSNI folk.
    This is just a continuation of the harassment of this man during the last year.
    It's also an attempt to prevent people from highlighting malparactices.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    27,938
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ex celt View Post
    Who is this guy? Is he another martyr in the making? Has anyone written a song about him yet?
    What does he do for a living?
    Does he have any hobbies or outside interests?
    Has he studied the Communist Manifesto?
    What makes him tick?
    Ask Biffo, he knows all about him intimately..
    Reckons he should be locked up.
    He has the court deposition and evidence book right beside him.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    8,358
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth.ie View Post
    So if I'm walking down the street, see the cops harassing some kids, and I record it on my mobile phone, I can be jailed under anti- terror legislation?
    It's not like he was photographing them leaving their houses.
    As I said, the internet is full of images of PSNI folk.
    This is just a continuation of the harassment of this man during the last year.
    It's also an attempt to prevent people from highlighting malparactices.
    Why does he not take up another less sinister hobby? Life would be a lot easier for him.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    27,938
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ex celt View Post
    Why does he not take up another less sinister hobby? Life would be a lot easier for him.
    Hobby?
    He's the one getting harassed ffs.
    Police figures showed that in one 3 month period "stop and search" legislation was used 2400 times in Nationalist areas of Derry. Nothing was found.
    PSNI accused of
    Meanwhile in the same period in Larne, the same legislation was used only ONCE . Drugs were found.
    It's obvious police use these powers as a psychological weapon to wear down political opponents to Stormont, and to isolate and marginalise.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •