Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bill Clinton as US Ambassador to Ireland?

Politics.ie Member flavirostris's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Bill Clinton as US Ambassador to Ireland?

Seems incredible but the Indo are running this story today. He's reported to be interested in succeeding Dan Rooney when he retires. Would certainly be massively popular.

Bill Clinton tipped as US ambassador to Ireland - National News - Independent.ie
    "Criticising the EU in Ireland in the 2010's is like criticising the Catholic Church in the 1950s. You run the risk of being lynched by brainwashed fanatics." - Volatire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wouldn't he be a bit high powered for lil ole ireland.?

Although I suppose the language issue would make the UK or Irealand the most comfortable position for hi .

Politics.ie Member
    Blueshirts Hill / Ballybricken Waterford City.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Blowjob Bill would be the icing on the cake for this cesspit.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gurdiev View Post
    Wouldn't he be a bit high powered for lil ole ireland.?
    He'd be here for four years living in a mansion in the middle of a huge park like a Victorian lord. There's no language barrier, no possibility of major trouble or danger, and every politician and citizen he met would worship him like a demigod. And he'd get to play some of the best golf courses in the world at the weekends. It would basically be a gift to him for helping Obama get elected.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Jesus is it a slow newsday for the Indo or something? The "tip" is based on the Chicago sun times Will Bill Clinton be next ambassador to Ireland? - Chicago Sun-Times

So it's not based on the Clintons, or the embassy. It's the equivilant of the Sun referring to "Close friends" saying Suarez is going to join Man City. Or Utd. Or Madrid.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The government wouldn't want a successful, intelligent, charismatic figure with proven leadership who performs well on the media and who has a genuine empathy with the Irish people to be posted to Dublin.

Did any of St Malachy's writings refer to the Anti Enda?
    "Keep firing & don't stop until I tell you" General Tom Barry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by titmouse View Post
    He'd be here for four years living in a mansion in the middle of a huge park like a Victorian lord. There's no language barrier, no possibility of major trouble or danger, and every politician and citizen he met would worship him like a demigod. And he'd get to play some of the best golf courses in the world at the weekends. It would basically be a gift to him for helping Obama get elected.
    You missed the colleens & pretty Polish girls.
    When he and Hilary moved to upstate NY.
    The 1st weekly change of Secret Service detail were shocked to see he'd already worked out the timetable of the local yummy mummies and yoga bunnies and knew when to go to the local coffee shop as the pilates / yoga classes ended and also knew all the first names of the ladies involved.
    "Keep firing & don't stop until I tell you" General Tom Barry

Politics.ie Member Crazy horse 6's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd like too see us slowly break ties with the US.

Maybe when Hilary is finished her 2nd term in the oval office but not before then.
    A friend met him recently in East Cork and he is apparantly quite frail.
    A few weeks before my grandfather died, he started dipping his feet in a bucket of lard.
    He went downhill very fast after that.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What is it with some of you stupid people on here that will quote an in&m rag as a verifiable source of information?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast