Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior Government source says Ireland won't rock the EU boat

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Senior Government source says Ireland won't rock the EU boat

Apparently if we're really good boys and girls and don't ask for too much or ask too often and basically just shut up until spoken to, the "good will" this will generate for Ireland may actually lead to the leaders of the "senior" EU countries deciding to grant us a deal, purely from the goodness of their collective hearts you understand.

This, Christ help us, is the Governments grand strategy.

Ireland won't exploit EU presidency, insists senior Govt source | BreakingNews.ie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This Government are consensus sluts. They want everyone to be one big f**king happy family. Well lads, newsflash. Financial matters don't work like that. What needs to be done is the next time there is a Finance council meeting or indeed a meeting of the Eurozone heads of state, the Irish rep, Noonan in the case of the former and Kenny in the case of the latter, should walk in, plonk the closed briefcase on the desk and say - Thanks for all the money lads, but we can't pay it back, it was forced on us so tough sh1te. See ye all later in the bar for a pint. Good luck.

He would not have to walk 10 steps before Frau Merkel would be over with her arms around him saying ' Enda, don't be hasty, we didn't know you were so upset about not getting assistance on the bank losses. Why didn't you say something. You know how it is Enda, you need to shout around here to be heard. Now lets see if we cannot sort this thing out'

Rock the boat my ar5e.
    Stand there in silence, look up to the sky and remember how brave they were.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The irish govt, is like the girl who fancies their male friend but never has the guts to say anything,he bangs everything but her and ends up married to some leggy blonde with kids living in the country while she ends up living in a bedsit, single lonely and still thinking some day it will happen..............it won't.

Politics.ie Member flavirostris's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And the reason we need a "deal" in the first place? That would be the fault of the traitorous scum that the OP shills for.
    "Criticising the EU in Ireland in the 2010's is like criticising the Catholic Church in the 1950s. You run the risk of being lynched by brainwashed fanatics." - Volatire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flavirostris View Post
    And the reason we need a "deal" in the first place? That would be the fault of the traitorous scum that the OP shills for.
    Is that the same crowd that claims the good results of the deal as theirs and the bad results to the last government?
    All men dream: but not equally. -T. E. Lawrence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm actually of the mind that we shouldn't exploit our own position since it is so fleeting. Our term of presidency should be conducted in an even and fair manner.
    Don't get me wrong; we should be causing a hell of a fuss the rest of the time, but I do so hate using position for personal gains. It might work, but it's a little too Fianna Fáil for my liking.
    Mehhh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mothball View Post
    I'm actually of the mind that we shouldn't exploit our own position since it is so fleeting. Our term of presidency should be conducted in an even and fair manner.
    Don't get me wrong; we should be causing a hell of a fuss the rest of the time, but I do so hate using position for personal gains. It might work, but it's a little too Fianna Fáil for my liking.
    Got to fight fire with fire mate. The EU will show how Ireland is a good little boy.
    All men dream: but not equally. -T. E. Lawrence

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flavirostris View Post
    Leaving aside comments right up to your usual standard of argument, the issue is not in needing a deal, the issue is the Governmental willingness to crawl on their hands and knees to get that which we should be entitled to and already have if it weren't for the spineless nature of Kenny, Noonan and Gilmore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLion View Post
    Got to fight fire with fire mate. The EU will show how Ireland is a good little boy.
    I know I should agree with you.

I know I'd fail at the game of "politics" as it currently stands, but a man can only wish.
    Mehhh

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mothball View Post
    Why? The EU hasn't been "even or fair" with us. We should take every advantage we can as they have done and continue to do to us.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast