Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: What Would A New Party Need To Espouse To Get Your No.1 Vote In The Next Election?

Default What Would A New Party Need To Espouse To Get Your No.1 Vote In The Next Election?

Fairly simple question.

A lot of people are hooked into voting for the same party year in-year out. What would a new party need to espouse for you to change your voting choices? Is there a possibility of you changing your voting ways at all? Would you trust a new party if one emerged?

Personally, I'd vote for fiscal competence. A balanced book. With leeway on social issues and a party that portrayed skepticism towards the E.U.

What issues would decide if you'd give a first preference to a new party over the Establishment status quo? A majority of this site rile against the fact that we don't have many options. But do you think there is an appetite for it in the general population?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

More of every thing good less of everything bad.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Someone fiscally conservative and socially liberal but to be perfectly honest anyone who'd stand up to the Public Sector Unions.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A pro - electoral reform socially and economically liberal party, with a pro - democracy position on integration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by potholedogger View Post
    More of every thing good less of everything bad.
    FF are already running on that platform

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another new party thread??

I've asked many times, but I'll ask again: exactly what sort of party do people want to see emerging? The general tone seems to be that a certain section want to see a centre/right pro-business party emerge, essentially to do what FG did in opposition before they hooked up with the dreaded Labour.

What would the policies of such a party be? More cuts than the Government are already making?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wan Obamafone,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R3volution_R3ady View Post
    Fairly simple question.

A lot of people are hooked into voting for the same party year in-year out. What would a new party need to espouse for you to change your voting choices? Is there a possibility of you changing your voting ways at all? Would you trust a new party if one emerged?

Personally, I'd vote for fiscal competence. A balanced book. With leeway on social issues and a party that portrayed skepticism towards the E.U.

What issues would decide if you'd give a first preference to a new party over the Establishment status quo? A majority of this site rile against the fact that we don't have many options. But do you think there is an appetite for it in the general population?
    For a start a complete clampdown on bogus asylum seekers and refugees. A complete review of where our social welfare payments go. Look after our old and genuinely sick and poor people. Tell our friends in Europe that they are going to look after Ireland first, and always. Bring in legislation that allows for career criminals to be put away until they die or prove they have given up crime (if we haven't already got this legislation). That as a start would be a deciding factor for me. I'll leave the bankers and corrupt politicians and developers to be included with the criminal issue. I feel better now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cut taxes.

Do town and country dwellers have radically different prospects?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A party with a backbone that will stand up internationally and stop pandering and promoting Ireland as pathetic, mealy mouthed apologist.
    'Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness'.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast