Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are the Banks, Dáil Éireann, the PS, the Semi-States and the Media Just one big 'Clique'?

Default Are the Banks, Dáil Éireann, the PS, the Semi-States and the Media Just one big 'Clique'?

Are the Banks, Dáil Éireann, the PS, the Semi-States and the Media Just one big 'Clique'?

A BIG 'Clique'...that you, the electorate, the bill and Tax payers are not part of?

It would seem to me that whilst there are many people who benefit from the above there are many more who do not.

We see Ireland regressing socially, competitively, structurally and morally as society becomes ever more polarised, but yet certain sections of society do not have to worry too much as the cost of perpetuating their existence, position, standing charges, quarterly fees, licence fees, salary scales, increment payments and pension payments will fall to you, the bill and tax payer.

How do you feel about picking up the tab for a private members club?

How do you feel about the BIG 'Clique'?

What of your children? Do they deserve to inherit bills from the BIG 'Clique'?

Do you deserve better?

Is there a barely visible but highly effective 'Clique' operating within your 'democracy'?

"Every clique is a refuge for incompetence. It fosters corruption and disloyalty, it begets cowardice, and consequently is a burden upon and a drawback to the progress of the country. Its instincts and actions are those of the pack."

What are your thoughts on the bolded statement and is there, in fact, a 'Clique'?
    Last edited by EUrJokingMeRight; 30th November 2012 at 12:38 AM.
    Fianna Fail - The Anti Democratic Party & The Anti Constitutional Party. Traitors of Irishmen and Irishwomen.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I prefer the term Cabal thank you.
    Life is hard
    That's why no-one survives

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You are confused! its not a Democracy! its the Irish Feudal system,
    bow down to your betters??

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Look around you we have had four brutal years of recession! with more to come?
    who are driving the new cars??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah it's great. Sure I'm feckin minted so I am. Recession me hole. We often get together stone cutters style and laugh and laugh whilst burning fifties for the Craic. I often meet with ministers and people in all sections of the civil service and public service where we sacrifice a private baby to our dark gods.
    Life is hard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Niall Power View Post
    Look around you we have had four brutal years of recession! with more to come?
    who are driving the new cars??
    Who?
    Drug dealers?
    Life is hard

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Quote Originally Posted by EUrJokingMeRight View Post
    A BIG 'Clique'...that you, the electorate, the bill and Tax payers are not part of?

It would seem to me that whilst there are many people who benefit from the above there are many more who do not.

We see Ireland regressing socially, competitively, structurally and morally as society becomes ever more polarised, but yet certain sections of society do not have to worry too much as the cost of perpetuating their existence, position, standing charges, quarterly fees, licence fees, salary scales, increment payments and pension payments will fall to you, the bill and tax payer.

How do you feel about picking up the tab for a private members club?

How do you feel about the BIG 'Clique'?

What of your children? Do they deserve to inherit bills from the BIG 'Clique'?

Do you deserve better?

Is there a barely visible but highly effective 'Clique' operating within your 'democracy'?

"Every clique is a refuge for incompetence. It fosters corruption and disloyalty, it begets cowardice, and consequently is a burden upon and a drawback to the progress of the country. Its instincts and actions are those of the pack."

What are your thoughts on the bolded statement and is there, in fact, a 'Clique'?
    Yes there is - to the exclusion of many. I touched on the subject here and here's a great blog related to the topic.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are the Banks, Dáil Éireann, the PS, the Semi-States and the Media Just one big 'Clique'?

And we have a secret handshake also and wear fáinnes on our pyjamas.
    “Les cons, ça ose tout, c’est même à ça qu’on les reconnaît.”

I misread the title as "Are the blacks..."

Clearly I spend too much time on this site.
    Repeal the 27th.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast